Bits and Pieces - August 1, 2012
August 1, 2012
A U.S. swimming coach has suggested that Chinese swimmer Ye Shiwen may be cheating because her time in the women's 400 meter individual medley was so fast. In fact, they say she finished faster than a Kim Kardashian marriage.
It turns out that KRISTEN STEWART'S fling with director RUPERT SANDERS may have been brief after all. A British tabloid quoted Sanders' brother-in-law as saying they first hooked up last fall, but now the family says that they haven't spoken to any of the tabloids. They're also saying ROBERT PATTINSON told Kristen to pack up and get out of their Los Feliz home and he apparently plans to move back in after she's cleared out. However, they're likely to have some contact in the future as a battle is shaping up over their adopted rescue dog. During happier times, they adopted Bear from a high-kill shelter in New Orleans and Robert wants to keep him, but Kristen supposedly wants joint custody. Meanwhile, some of those Us magazine photos of Kristen hooking up with Sanders have surfaced online (See here)
The latest names in the AMERICAN IDOL judge rumor mill are NICK JONAS and PHARRELL WILLIAMS. Word is that they're looking for two more judges as Randy Jackson is being moved into a mentoring role.
- Some more guests have been announced for AEROSMITH'S upcoming album, Music from another Dimension. In addition to the previously announced Carrie Underwood, Julian Lennon, Diane Warren and Johnny Depp all cut tracks with the band. However, they say the politically-charged song Freedom Fighter, which Depp sings backup vocals on, might end up as an outtake or on a later deluxe edition of the album.
- Rapper FLESH-N-BONE'S teenage daughter has been reported missing by her family. Monica Howse was last seen a week ago after being dropped off for work at the Taco Bell in Big Bear Lake. She's believed to be with a guy named Alberto Silva Sanchez and driving a 1997 black Ford F150 with Kansas plates.
- BLAKE SHELTON caused a firestorm on Twitter last Friday when he Tweeted: "Does anyone know if the Eastern Box turtle is protected in Oklahoma? If so I didn't just swerve to the shoulder of the road to smash one." Animal lovers were outraged and Blake eventually confessed that it was just a joke and he never ran over a turtle. He also apologized for some of the nasty language he used in responding to those who criticized him.
- Today: Reports from the Olympics
- Good Morning America: Actor Ed Norton; chef Emeril Lagasse; Joss Stone performs
- CBS This Morning: Comic D.L. Hughley; Dr. Lukas Wartman
- Kelly: Actress Rachel Weisz; co-host Chris Harrison
- The View: Woody Harrelson; actor D.L. Hughley
- The Talk: Actor Donald Faison; comic Kim Coles; TV host Barry Poznick
- Ellen DeGeneres: Jonah Hill; Chris Rene
Point guard Nate Robinson and the Chicago Bulls have reportedly agreed to a contract. Robinson averaged 11.2 points and 4.5 assists for the Golden State Warriors last season.
An elderly Spokane, Washington couple went to Home Depot over the weekend. However, Sherri L. Schlosser got a tad upset when the 82-year-old husband stopped his car in front of the store to let his 72-year-old disabled wife get out of the car. Upset that they stopped in front of her, Sherri drove past them screaming and nearly hitting their open car door. Sherri then parked her car and angrily approached the elderly couple, screaming profanities at them, before pepper spraying the old lady in the face. Sherri then ran through the store and out to her car, driving off at a high rate of speed. However, witnesses got her license number, which police used to track her down and arrest her.
2008: Scientists reported the Phoenix spacecraft had confirmed the presence of frozen water on Mars
actor B.J. Novak (The Office, Reign Over Me, Knocked Up) 33