Bits and Pieces - August 2, 2012
August 2, 2012
Tom Cruise took his daughter Suri to Disney World this week. Tom didn't seem like he was having fun. Tom wanted to go on the rides, but they all had signs saying he had to be this tall.
TAYLOR SWIFT may have something going with a member of the Kennedy family after all. After being seen strolling on the beach at the family compound with Kennedy cousin Patrick Schwarzenegger on July 4th, Taylor has been spotted kissing, holding hands and getting "extremely touchy-feely" with Robert F. Kennedy's grandson, Conor Kennedy. They supposedly also took romantic walks, went sailing, ate at a pizzeria and attended a house party.
Add former AMERICAN IDOL contestant KIMBERLEY LOCKE to the list of those who'd like to be a judge on the show. She was a season two finalist and feels that having a former contestant on the show can bring renewed interest to the competition.
- INCUBUS will hit the road on the Honda Civic Tour with Linkin Park and Mutemath starting August 14th in Boston. You'd better catch them while you can because after that the band plans to take another break, although probably not as long as their last five-year hiatus. In the meantime, Brandon Boyd says he may do a second solo record.
- SNOOP DOGG is explaining why he switched to the name Snoop Lion. He says he was born again during a visit to Jamaica in January, where he discovered his true inner Rastafarian self. Snoop says he went to the temple, where the High Priest asked him what his name was. He said, 'Snoop Dogg' and the priest looked him in the eyes and said, 'No more. You are the light; you are the lion.'
- JOSH TURNER will release a new live album, called Josh Turner - Live Across America, on August 27th at Cracker Barrel Old Country Stores, their website, Amazon.com, and on iTunes. The songs were recorded at 12 different live shows throughout the first half of this year.
- Jay Leno: Pre-empted for Olympics
- David Letterman: Justin Bieber; actor Michael Ian Black
- Jimmy Kimmel: Russell Brand; actress Olivia Munn; Matisyahu performs
- Conan: Actress Moon Bloodgood; actor Jon Cryer; Jason Mraz performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Pre-empted for Olympics
- Craig Ferguson: Selma Blair; TV personality Adam Savage
- Carson Daly: Pre-empted for Olympics
Silas Redd is bailing on Penn State and joining the USC Trojans. Redd ran for 1,241 yards and seven touchdowns last season.
An unnamed 34-year-old man vacationing in Biarritz, France came down with a case of Olympics fever. So inspired was the man, that he told his friends he was going to swim from France to America to carry the Olympic spirit across the Atlantic. Knowing he was a strong swimmer and assuming he was joking anyway, his friends let him embark on his journey. Lifeguards watched as he swam past the buoys 300 yards out to sea and out of sight. That was when lifeguards sent a rescue helicopter out and suggested he turn back and he was towed to the beach.
1790: The first United States census was completed, counting nearly 4 million people
actress Tempestt Bledsoe (Cosby Show, Clean House) 39