Bits and Pieces - August 3, 2012
August 3, 2012
President Obama called Michael Phelps to congratulate him on winning his 19th Olympic medal. That's pretty impressive - the most powerful man in the free world taking a phone call from President Obama.
KRISTEN STEWART and ROBERT PATTINSON are said to be speaking again, but it's pretty tentative and a reunion doesn't seem to be on the horizon. Meanwhile, Pattinson is said to be staying at Reese Witherspoon's ranch in California. The connection is that they starred together in the movie Water for Elephants. One source says he's "a total mess" and "questioning everything," while another insider described him as "inconsolable" and "dying to save the relationship". As for Kristen, she's said to be confiding in Jodie Foster after they starred together in the film Panic Room. Pattinson still has a couple weeks to buck himself up before he gets back to work promoting his upcoming movie Cosmopolis as his rep says he'll be at the New York City premiere as scheduled.
SHARON OSBOURNE addressed those rumors that she's leaving AMERICA'S GOT TALENT by saying that they've asked Howard Stern back, but haven't asked her back yet. She went on to say that even if they do ask her back, she's not sure she'd return.
- THE DAVE MATTHEWS BAND is inviting fans to submit pictures and film that will be used in their video for "Mercy." The song is on their upcoming album, Away From the World, due out September 11th. Get the scoop and a chance at winning a trip to one of their concerts in the San Francisco area at the Dave Matthews Band website.
- EMINEM recently set the record for the most Facebook Likes by a living person with 60.1 million. Overall, Em is number-five on the list of the top 10 Facebook pages. RIHANNA is next with 59.4 million Likes.
- ELI YOUNG BAND frontman MIKE ELI and his wife Kacey welcomed daughter Kline Olivia Diaz on Monday, July 30. She weighed in at 6 lbs., 15 oz. and all are doing well.
- Jay Leno: Pre-empted for Olympics
- David Letterman: LeBron James; actor Andrew Garfield; Maroon 5 performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Wanda Sykes; actor Joel Kinnaman; Serj Tankian performs
- Conan: Will Ferrell; Tenacious D performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Pre-empted for Olympics
- Craig Ferguson: Actress Rashida Jones; actress Julie Delpy
- Carson Daly: Pre-empted for Olympics
Florida State has dismissed former five-star recruit cornerback Greg Reid after he was arrested less than a month ago for marijuana possession and multiple traffic violations. It was his second arrest of the year.
In Pinson, Alabama, Jack's restaurant employee Zackary Dexter Pace finished his shift and left work, only to return moments later with a gun and wearing a disguise that was so bad his co-workers thought he was joking when he announced that he was robbing the place. Apparently Zackary also failed to change his clothes before he returned and was unable to fool the others with his attempt at disguising his voice. If all that didn't ensure his arrest, he returned to the restaurant to visit with everyone while a sheriff's detective was conducting an investigation. Zackary has been charged with first degree robbery.
1876: Wild Bill Hickok was shot and killed while playing poker in Deadwood, South Dakota
actor Sam Worthington (Avatar, Clash of the Titans, Terminator Salvation) 36