Bits and Pieces - August 7, 2012
August 7, 2012
Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte has admitted that he peed in the Olympic swimming pool. That means Ryan wasn't necessarily trying to finish first when he said he was going for the gold.
Word has it that JENNIFER LOPEZ has cooled things down with Casper Smart after tabloid reports surfaced that said he visited a gay sex club. J.Lo has threatened legal action over the story, but there was also that photo of Smart in front of a New York City peep show, although he later claimed that he was lost and entered the wrong doorway. A supposed insider says they're still together, but the photos have shaken Lopez up and she's taking some time to think about things.
MTV has announced that JERSEY SHORE will return for its sixth season on October 4th. Meanwhile, they also announced that SNOOKI & JWOWW have been renewed for a second season.
- HBO will air a new documentary about THE ROLLING STONES this fall to celebrate their 50th anniversary. The film is still in production and it has the full involvement of the four current band members, Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ron, as well as the former members Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor.
- T.I. has pushed back the release date of his upcoming solo album Trouble Man. It was due in September, but he said he's recorded 124 songs, which has been narrowed down to 86 now, but he obviously has some more narrowing to do.
- BLAKE SHELTON will reveal details about his upcoming holiday album when he appears on Chelsea Lately on the E channel tomorrow night.
- Jay Leno: Pre-empted for Olympics
- David Letterman: Channing Tatum; journalist Scott Pelley; The Gaslight Anthem
- Jimmy Kimmel: Ben Stiller; reality-TV star Emily Maynard; The Head and the Heart perform
- Conan: Lisa Kudrow; actor Dominic Monaghan
- Jimmy Fallon: Pre-empted for Olympics
- Craig Ferguson: Author Stephen King; author Dave Barry; Rock Bottom Remainders perform
- Carson Daly: Pre-empted for Olympics
Usain Bolt took the gold in the 100-meter dash in an Olympic-record time of 9.63 seconds. Bolt joins join Carl Lewis as the only men with consecutive gold medals in the dash.
Adam Carter walked up to a vehicle in downtown Shreveport and attempted to open the door. Unfortunately, the car was sitting at a stoplight and it didn't belong to Adam. As he pulled on the handle and demanded that the door be opened he finally took a good look at the occupants and noticed a Louisiana State Police detective and two members of the United States Marshal's Fugitive Task Force. Adam was quickly apprehended without incident, but likely with smirks.
2009: Sonia Sotomayor won confirmation as the nation's first Hispanic Supreme Court justice
actress Soleil Moon Frye (Punky Brewster, The Proud Family, Sabrina the Teenage Witch) 36