Bits and Pieces - August 9, 2012
August 9, 2012
A number of top Olympic swimmers have admitted that they pee in the swimming pool. They pee in the pool and they get gold medals and endorsement deals and yet I get in trouble when I pee in my carpool.
Depending which tabloid you believe, KATIE HOLMES has either hired a "confidence coach" to help her get over her split from TOM CRUISE or she has no regrets about it. A tabloid called Grazia, which always seems to be wrong, says Katie hired the coach because she's struggling to adjust to her new life. However, a source tells Radar Online she's "blissfully happy," adding "Katie is a new woman, she feels refreshed, free of Tom and doesn't have a worry in the world."
The latest name in the X FACTOR co-hosting rumor mill is Glee's KEVIN MCHALE.
- If you happen to be in the neighborhood, NEIL YOUNG AND CRAZY HORSE, FOO FIGHTERS and THE BLACK KEYS will perform a free concert in New York's Central Park on September 29th. It's part of the Global Festival to celebrate strides made in eradicating extreme poverty around the world.
- Today: Reports from the Olympics
- Good Morning America: Chris Rock; Reader's Digest Editor-in-Chief Liz Vaccariello; chef Cat Cora
- CBS This Morning: Actor Steve Carell
- Kelly: Patricia Heaton; style guru Carson Kressley; co-host Carrie Ann Inaba
- The View: Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones; actress Jane Seymour
- The Talk: Guest co-host Guy Fieri; actress Sanaa Lathan
- Ellen DeGeneres: Kiefer Sutherland; Kevin Nealon; Twitch performs
Dodge announced that it will leave NASCAR at the end of this season. Penske Racing was Dodge's only major team, but when they announced their switch to Ford next season, it left Dodge without a competitive team to move to.
Jackson County, Michigan's Lance Laird has been sentenced to 57 days in jail after testing positive for cocaine while on probation for a domestic violence charge to which he pleaded no contest. The sentence was handed down despite Laird claiming that someone spiked his stuff with something causing the positive test. This is Laird's 15th stretch in jail and it proved to be particularly inconvenient because he was behind bars on the August 7th primary, in which he was a candidate for Jackson County Sheriff.
2008: Former Democratic vice-presidential nominee John Edwards admitted having had an extramarital affair.
tennis player Roger Federer 31