Bits and Pieces - August 10, 2012
August 10, 2012
Kim Kardashian is said to be flattered by boyfriend Kanye West's new song that refers to her as a "Perfect Bitch." Kim is just happy that someone finally added the word 'perfect' when referring to her like that.
ROBERT PATTINSON will be doing the media rounds a bit sooner than expected. Pattinson will be plugging his upcoming movie Cosmopolis on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart on Monday night before sitting down with Good Morning America on Wednesday. While there were some reports that interviewers would be allowed to ask about the KRISTEN STEWART breakup, the apparently official word is he'll only talk about his movie. As for Kristen, she also has a new movie coming out, but she's canceled the London premiere. Her movie is On the Road, based on the Jack Kerouac novel, but word is she's just too embarrassed about recent events to come out of hiding. Not only that, her co-star in the movie, Tom Sturridge, is tight with Robert and that would be a bit awkward.
British actor BOB HOSKINS has announced his retirement. Hoskins says Parkinson's disease is forcing him to retire. He played one of the seven dwarves in Snow White and The Huntsman, but may be best remembered for Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
- PRIMUS' LES CLAYPOOL is auctioning off a prototype bass that he's been playing in concert for the past year to help pay for his two-year-old nephew's leukemia treatments. To bid or donate go to BabyMatthew.org.
- In what will surprise no one, BEYONCE and JAY-Z have been named the highest-earning couple in show business. Forbes magazine says they hauled down $78 million over the last 12 months to pass last year's number one couple, Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady, who are now second.
- JASON ALDEAN'S video for "Take A Little Ride" will premiere tomorrow on CMT and will kick off "Jason Aldean Weekend" on the network.
- Jay Leno: Pre-empted for Olympics
- David Letterman: Ray Romano; Tom Waits performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jeremy Renner; actor Aaron Paul; Nas performs
- Conan: Matt LeBlanc; Travis Pastrana; comedian Andy Hayes
- Jimmy Fallon: Pre-empted for Olympics
- Craig Ferguson: Actor D. J. Qualls; chef Wolfgang Puck
- Carson Daly: Pre-empted for Olympics
The Carolina Hurricanes have signed Jeff Skinner to a six-year contract extension. The new deal is for a total $34.35 million.
A good time was had by most at last weekend's Lollapalooza festival in Chicago. Then there was 19-year-old Lollapaloser Conrad Slimak. Mr. Slimak and three of his friends, and it's amazing he had that many, approached Michelle Fiore and her 11-year-old daughter and asked the ladies to give them one of their souvenir beach balls. Thinking Slimak was joking, mom responded: "Sure, that will be $50." Slimak got ticked and shouted, "I'm a college student. Does it look like I have money?" Slimak did have money to attend the festival, but was also lacking in the intelligence department as he then punched the 11-year-old in the abdomen to force her to drop the ball. Mom and daughter pointed Slimak out to police, who arrested him on assault charges.
2010: JetBlue flight attendant Steven Slater went nuts and left the plane by sliding down the emergency chute
actress Jessica Capshaw (The Practice, Minority Report, The L Word) 36