Bits and Pieces - August 14, 2012
August 14, 2012
The International Pole Sports Federation wants to make pole dancing an Olympic sport starting in 2016. They say it would be the first Olympic event to have a two-drink minimum.
Word has it that ROBERT PATTINSON is considering getting back together with KRISTEN STEWART. Supposed insiders say his initial anger has subsided and he goes back and forth on whether to forgive her. In any case, Pattinson will begin facing the public starting tonight on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart as he plugs his new flick Cosmopolis. Word is that both he and Kristen are nervous about it. He's worried about the questions he'll be asked, and Kristen is worried that she could become the victim of Jon Stewart's rapier-like wit.
If you enjoyed the London 2012 Olympics opening ceremony, you'll be happy to know that director DANNY BOYLE says it'll be released on DVD. Boyle says the DVD version will be much more detailed than what you saw on TV.
- MOTLEY CRUE and KISS have pledged $100,000 to the victims of the Colorado movie theater shootings. During their joint concert in Denver last week, the bands announced the donation to the Aurora Victim Relief Fund.
- INSANE CLOWN POSSE plans to sue the FBI for designating their fans as gang members. In last November's National Gang Threat Assessment report, the FBI described Juggalos as "a loosely-organized hybrid gang."
- KATHY MATTEA will release her new album, called Calling Me Home, on September 11th. The album is described as both contemporary and traditional in sound and was inspired by her Appalachian roots.
- Jay Leno: Michelle Obama; Olympic champion Gabby Douglas; Norah Jones
- David Letterman: Andy Samberg; Glen Hansard performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: David Duchovny; comic Jeff Ross; Alabama Shakes perform
- Conan: Jack McBrayer; Grace Potter and the Nocturnals performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Meredith Vieira; reality-TV's Angela "Big Ang" Raiola; Needtobreathe
- Craig Ferguson: Jeff Daniels; author John Irving
- Carson Daly: Actress Malin Akerman; artist Wayne White; Trentemoller performs
The Miami Dolphins have cut receiver Chad Johnson following his weekend arrest on domestic violence charges.
When selling marijuana, it's always best to remain inconspicuous. This would've been a helpful pro tip for Fitchburg, Wisconsin's 30-year-old Brian Dickinson. Police officers were tipped off by witnesses about a man selling marijuana near a local park. They also said he'd be easy to spot because he'd likely be the only one riding a unicycle. Brian was arrested after he pulled numerous bags of pot out of his shorts, claiming it was for his personal use.
2008: Michael Phelps became the winningest Olympic athlete ever, winning his 10th and 11th gold medals
actor Sebastian Stan (Hot Tub Time Machine, Gossip Girl, Captain America: The First Avenger) 29