Bits and Pieces - August 15, 2012
August 15, 2012
Anderson Cooper's boyfriend was reportedly caught cheating on him. They don't know who he was cheating with, but we can probably rule out Kristen Stewart.
You may have seen KRIS JENNER declare on Keeping Up with the Kardashians that she'd passed a polygraph test about cheating on husband Bruce with former boyfriend Todd Waterman. Maybe not so fast on that. Joe Paolella administered the test, but he now tells the National Enquirer that the test was flawed because proper procedures weren't followed and the test was inconclusive at best. Not surprisingly, they're saying it was just a stunt for the TV show and while Bruce stormed out on the test, it was just an act and he was in on the whole thing.
Today's name in the AMERICAN IDOL judging rumor mill is ALANIS MORISSETTE. A supposed insider says, "Nothing is signed yet, but they're negotiating and near closing a deal."
- GUNS N' ROSES will do a series of 12 shows starting October 31st at The Joint in the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
- FLAVOR FLAV needs to find a better accountant as he's been hit with a tax bill of nearly $1 million. Flav previously had a tax lien filed against him in 2009 by the state of California for over $183,000.
- KENNY CHESNEY and TIM MCGRAW'S Brothers of the Sun Tour set the record as the largest ticketed country event in New York City/New Jersey history over the weekend with 56,285 tickets sold. Kenny set the previous record last summer on his Goin' Coastal Tour.
- Today: Hope Solo; actress Jordin Sparks; Olympic women's gymnastics team; Nicki Minaj performs; actor Ted Danson
- Good Morning America: Sylvester Stallone; TV host Clinton Kelly
- CBS This Morning: The latest news
- Kelly: Singer Jordin Sparks; co-host Chris Harrison
- The View: First lady Michelle Obama
- The Talk: Reba McEntire
- Ellen DeGeneres: Rob Lowe; Adam Lambert performs
LSU has confirmed that Tyrann Mathieu will not return to the team. Mathieu was dismissed from the team last week for unspecified rules violations, although sources say it was for repeated positive tests for marijuana over the last year.
A central Indiana judge has restored the driving privileges of Lourrinne White. It seems the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles had suspended Ms. White's license for not having auto insurance. The motor vehicle folks remained unconvinced when Ms. White explained that she didn't have auto insurance because she didn't have an auto to insure. However, the American Civil Liberties Union of Indiana came to her rescue and she can once again drive the car she doesn't have.
1873: The first issue of Field and Stream magazine was published
musician David Crosby 71