Bits and Pieces - August 16, 2012
August 16, 2012
Dog the Bounty Hunter has been denied a visa to enter Britain. First they ban Snoop Dogg and now Dog the Bounty Hunter. It's looking like that trip to London is off for The Dog Whisperer.
In case you were wondering, yes, TAYLOR SWIFT'S new single, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together," is about an ex-boyfriend. She told ABC News' "Nightline" that she was in the studio with producers Max Martin and Johan Shellback when a friend of the ex-boyfriend walked in and started talking about how he heard they were getting back together even though that wasn't the case. When he left, the producers asked her about it and Taylor told them the story of 'break up, get back together, break up, get back together,' just, ugh, the worst." They quickly realized they had song material and wrote it on the spot.
Olympic gold medal swimmer RYAN LOCHTE will make his acting debut in an episode of 90210. Lochte will have a cameo as a guest at a resort where Naomi and Max are staying to "strengthen their relationship." Look for the episode to air on October 29th on the CW.
- BLUR'S performance at London's Hyde Park last weekend, which helped close the 2012 Summer Olympics, has been released on iTunes. Next week, a limited edition CD of the show with bonus material will be available on Blur's website and a DVD is also planned.
- JANELLE MONÁE has picked up a part time job as the latest face of Cover Girl. Janelle's first 10-page ad will debut in the September issue of Vogue.
- GEORGE JONES has announced that he'll hit the road on "The Grand Tour" next year and then hang it up. Jones turns 81 in September and says, "It is tough to stop doing what I love, but the time has come." In addition to the farewell tour, Jones also plans one final album.
- Jay Leno: Sylvester Stallone; Olympic champion Missy Franklin; Dwight Yoakam
- David Letterman: Tom Brokaw; Olympic swimmer Dana Vollmer; Rick Ross performs; Lionel Richie presents the Top Ten List
- Jimmy Kimmel: Thomas Haden Church; chef Rick Bayless; JJAMZ performs
- Conan: Johnny Galecki; Kids These Days perform
- Jimmy Fallon: Kathie Lee Gifford; rapper T.I.; Olympic athlete Hope Solo; comic Godfrey
- Craig Ferguson: William Shatner; actor Breckin Meyer
- Carson Daly: Director Werner Herzog; musical group The Two; Fun performs
Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left knee, but still hopes to be ready for the season opener.
An unnamed Fort Lauderdale man carjacked a vehicle and the chase was soon on. When our friend noticed that police were on his tail, he lost control of the vehicle, plowed into a bus bench and a power pole before coming to a rest. The carjacker then fled on foot, running across the sand and into the ocean in an attempt to swim away from police. Unfortunately, our friend soon discovered that police have a Marine Unit and he was soon plucked from the water and a rode a wave to jail.
2008: Swimmer Michael Phelps won a record breaking eighth gold medal at the summer Olympics in Beijing.
actress Jennifer Lawrence (Hunger Games, X-Men: First Class, The Beaver) 22