Bits and Pieces - August 20, 2012
August 20, 2012
Britney Spears has been having a Twitter exchange with the Mars Curiosity rover. Of course, one is a robotic machine that's been out in space and is now on another planet and the other is the Mars rover.
JENNY MCCARTHY is back on the market as she's announced her split from Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher. In a statement, Jenny said: "Brian and I have decided to turn our romance into an amazing friendship. I will continue to be the biggest cheerleader for him. Go, Bears!" They'd been dating since at least May.
The latest on the AMERICAN IDOL judging rumors is that MARIAH CAREY gets final approval over who sits on the panel with her. JOE JONAS has yet to meet with Queen Mariah, but word is if she approves, he's in.
- The lineup for the NFL kickoff concert has been announced. NO DOUBT and MARIAH CAREY will perform live from Rockefeller Plaza during the pregame show before the New York Giants-Dallas Cowboys game on September 5th.
- ANITA BAKER will release her first all-new album in eight years on October 23rd. It's called "Only Forever" and the first single is her version of Tyrese's 1999 hit "Lately" and she says Tyrese will appear on the album version of the song.
- BRANTLEY GILBERT has hit a 'social media' milestone by crossing the 1-million 'likes' mark on Facebook.
- Jay Leno: Jason Statham; Olympic champion Allyson Felix; The Offspring
- David Letterman: Zach Galifianakis; former Sgt. Valerie Brown; Allen Stone
- Jimmy Kimmel: Joseph Gordon-Levitt; actress Rebel Wilson; Good Old War
- Jimmy Fallon: Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.); singer Joe Jonas; 2 Chainz performs
- Craig Ferguson: TV host Julie Chen; actor Chris Messina
- Carson Daly: Director Amir Bar-Lev; musical group Lee Fields and the Expressions; chef Paul Qui; musical group Roll The Tanks
Boston Red Sox president and CEO Larry Lucchino says that Bobby Valentine will manage the team the rest of this season despite reported turmoil in the clubhouse.
Pennsylvania's 27-year-old David Allan Thompson stopped by the Charleroi police station to give Officer David Kimball a tip. Perhaps thinking his information was worth something, David helped himself to a bag of marijuana that was being logged as evidence. When Officer Kimball returned to the patrol room to log the marijuana in as evidence, he noticed it was missing. After a brief search, Kimball noticed David walking past the police station and asked him about the weed. David returned the marijuana and explained, "I just couldn't help myself. That bud smelled so good." Perhaps not smelling so good was the inside of his jail cell.
1883: The volcano on the island of Krakatoa blew up
This is just a small sample of the 15-25 pages of comedy and prep you'll get daily when you sign up for Bitman. For subscription information or a free trial, contact a Dial Global rep at email@example.com