Bits and Pieces - August 21, 2012
August 21, 2012
Some Russians are suing Madonna for $10 million because they were offended by her support for gay rights during a recent concert in St. Petersburg. That's crazy. I didn't sue Madonna when I was offended by her remake of American Pie.
Did JENNIFER ANISTON and JUSTIN THEROUX already get married? They recently announced their engagement, but Justin was seen in New York City over the weekend and photographers caught a picture of a gold ring on his left ring finger. No comment yet from their people.
KENDALL JENNER will make her acting debut this fall on HAWAII FIVE-O. No word on what character she'll play, but her episode will air in October.
- You can set sail with 311 next March. A four-night Caribbean cruise with the band aboard Norwegian Cruise Line's Norwegian Pearl will kick off March 1st in Miami. Get the deets at 311cruise.com.
- NICKI MINAJ had to pull out of this weekend's V Festival in Britain because of strained vocal cords. Nicki is under doctor's orders to rest a few more days.
- Someone paid $138,000 for a date with DOLLY PARTON! Dolly auctioned off the date for a foundation that provides medical care to the people of Sevier County, Tennessee. The date will include a tour of her property in Nashville, her tour bus and her favorite places in Nashville.
- Today: Martha Stewart
- Good Morning America: Basketball player Amar'e Stoudemire; fitness expert Chris Powell
- CBS This Morning: Professional tennis player Maria Sharapova
- Kelly: Shia LaBeouf; fashion consultant Tim Gunn; co-host Nick Lachey
- The View: Joan Rivers; TV host Rachael Ray
- The Talk: Reality-TV stars Joan and Melissa Rivers
- Ellen DeGeneres: Matt LeBlanc; actress Olivia Munn; Rascal Flatts performs
It appears as if Melky Cabrera went to great lengths to try and avoid that 50-game suspension after he tested positive for testosterone. The New York Daily News says Cabrera's people concocted an elaborate scheme that involved creating a fake website to advertise a topical cream that doesn't exist.
Navy Cmdr. Michael P. Ward II has served on the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the Pentagon and recently took command of the USS Pittsburgh, calling it the culmination of a lifelong dream. The dream is over as Ward has been relieved of his duties. It seems that the married Ward met a 23-year-old woman online and told her that he was separated. That wouldn't be the first lie Ward told her. When his new girlfriend informed Ward that he was going to be a father, he had a friend send her an e-mail informing her of his death in an attempt to end the affair. However, the girlfriend saw through his little ruse and blew the whistle on him and the Navy relieved him of his command, just one week after taking over.
2007: Atlanta Falcons' quarterback Michael Vick announced that he would plead guilty to dog fighting charges.
actor Andrew Garfield (The Amazing Spider-Man, The Social Network) 29