Bits and Pieces - August 22, 2012
August 22, 2012
Lindsay Lohan was questioned by police over a jewelry heist at a Hollywood Hills home. Like anyone would ever believe that Lindsay would steal jewelry.
The marital woes for CHAD JOHNSON and EVELYN LOZADA continue. Now the government of Saint Martin wants its money back from the couple. The Caribbean nation put up $90,000 for their wedding, figuring the publicity would be good for tourism, especially since their island would be featured on the reality show that VH1 was going to air, but canceled after the domestic violence incident and the divorce. Government officials say they have a contract with Johnson and Lozada that has some clauses that they intend to enforce.
NBC has picked up that new sitcom from MICHAEL J. FOX. The show will be based on Fox's own life as he'll play a husband and father of three living in New York City who deals with many challenges, including Parkinson's. Look for it to premiere in the fall of 2013.
- A 10-level GREEN DAY edition of Angry Birds is coming soon. Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tré Cool have all been re-imagined as pigs for the game and you'll be able to unlock a new Green Day song called "Troublemaker" while playing.
- Rapper JUVENILE was arrested at the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach after an incident at LIV nightclub. Juvenile was arrested on disorderly conduct charges after a large fight broke out in the club and spilled outside to the valet area.
- JASON ALDEAN'S upcoming album now has a title and a release date. The album will be called Night Train and it'll be out October 16th and include the song "Take a Little Ride."
- Jay Leno: Shia LaBeouf; actor Jean-Claude Van Damme; Fun performs
- David Letterman: Bill Hader; actress Mary-Louise Parker; The Walkmen perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Chef Gordon Ramsay; actress Jordin Sparks; Andy Grammer
- Conan: Lena Dunham; producer Larry David; Craig Morgan performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Tyra Banks; comic Jim Norton; producer Rob Burnett; A$AP Rocky performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actress Rashida Jones; actress Julie Delpy
- Carson Daly: Actor Jason Isaacs; musician Sydney Wayser; Rachel Yamagata performs
Roger Clemens is making a comeback. Clemens has signed a contract with the Sugar Land, Texas Skeeters of the independent Atlantic League. Clemens will make his first start Saturday night, against the Bridgeport Bluefish. It's unclear whether Clemens is serious or if this is just one of those independent league publicity stunts.
Kaitlin Nootbaar was a straight-A student at Oklahoma's Prague High School and the valedictorian at her graduation ceremony, but she didn't get a diploma. It seems that in her graduation speech, Kaitlin talked about how people would ask her what she wanted to do with her life as graduation approached, to which she told them, "How the hell do I know? I've changed my mind so many times." While Kaitlin received laughter and applause from her fellow graduates, she didn't receive her diploma from the school because she used the word 'hell.'
1878: The American Bar Association was founded
actress Hayden Panettiere (Heroes, Ice Princess, I Love You Beth Cooper) 23