Bits and Pieces - August 23, 2012
August 23, 2012
After news got out about Rosie O'Donnell's heart attack, she received get well wishes from Donald Trump. Not only that, Donald sent Rosie a lovely bouquet of poison oak.
JOHN MAYER may have something going on with KATY PERRY, but was she his second choice? Rumor has it that Mayer made a full court press on RIHANNA on more than one occasion, but she shot him down every time. Rihanna supposedly blew Mayer off, saying she wasn't his type. That may go back to a 2010 interview Mayer did with Playboy where he said he wasn't attracted to women of other races. Supposed friends of Mayer say he finally gave up on Rihanna and went after Katy.
TAYLOR SWIFT will perform at the 2012 MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS next month. The U.S. Women's Gymnastics Fierce Five team will also be on hand to present an award, along with Miley Cyrus and others. Comedian Kevin Hart will host the show.
- To mark what would've been JOE STRUMMER'S 60th birthday, an album with his post-Clash band, Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros, will be released. The Hellcat Years includes a live version of "Johnny Appleseed" recorded just over a month before he died in 2002.
- As if LAURYN HILL'S $1.8 million tax bill from Uncle Sam wasn't enough, now the state of New Jersey says she failed to pay $446,000 in taxes to them. Lauryn pleaded guilty to evading her federal taxes and faces three years in prison.
- JASON ALDEAN and LADY ANTEBELLUM will announce the nominees for the 46th Annual CMA Awards on Good Morning America on September 5th. The CMA Awards will be broadcast on ABC on November 1st.
- Today: Author Mark Bittman
- Good Morning America: "Dancing With the Stars" viewers' choice candidate Kyle Massey
- CBS This Morning: Trace Adkins
- Kelly: Zac Efron; actor Kevin Costner; co-host Seth Meyers
- The View: Author Dan Rather
- The Talk: Comic Kathy Griffin; chef Marcela Valladolid
- Ellen DeGeneres: Ed Helms; author Kathy Freston
The Jacksonville Jaguars have announced that they'll play one home game at London's Wembley Stadium for four consecutive years starting in 2013.
An unnamed 37-year-old Grand Rapids, Michigan man was hospitalized after suffering several stab wounds to his neck and back. Grand Rapids police Lt. Matt Ostapowicz says, "He claimed he fell on a knife he was working with. But he's also being uncooperative. We don't necessarily believe his story right now."
2007: The Texas Rangers defeated the Baltimore Orioles 30-3, becoming the first team in 110 years to score 30 runs in a game.
actress Valerie Harper (Rhoda, The Hogan Family, Mary Tyler Moore Show) 72