Bits and Pieces - August 28, 2012
August 28, 2012
Rumor has it that there could be even more naked photos and video of Prince Harry and word has it he'll be given a dressing down by his military commanders. Of course, right about now any sort of dressing would be good for Harry.
It looks like the tide is turning in HALLE BERRY'S favor as she fights baby daddy Gabriel Aubry for the legal right to move to France with daughter Nahla. Halle plans to call her fiance, actor OLIVIER MARTINEZ, to the stand so he can tell the court how the paparazzi are far more respectful and less aggressive in France than they are in the U.S. Meanwhile, Aubry's legal team called an expert witness to the stand, but he did so poorly in his testimony that Halle's own expert witness left the courtroom without even taking the stand.
The latest AMERICAN IDOL judging rumors say that NICKI MINAJ and KEITH URBAN are both in talks to join and are close to signing deals. Actually, sources say the talks have been going on for several weeks, but everyone is playing hardball. It's also reported that Idol went after KATY PERRY really hard before she finally turned down their $20 million offer.
- NEIL YOUNG and Crazy Horse's new album, Psychedelic Pill, will be out sometime in October. According to Young's official website, a double-CD and triple-vinyl set will be released because of the lengths of many of the songs. The group will also release videos for each of the songs.
- LANA DEL REY is starring in a new commercial for Jaguar. The ad shows Lana at the edge of a swimming pool in a sun hat and white bathing suit, and reclining on a lounge chair.
- LORETTA LYNN is working on an album with MERLE HAGGARD. She says she wants to record a song with him that he wrote called "Today I Started Loving You Again."
- Today: Actor Bradley Cooper
- Good Morning America: TBA
- CBS This Morning: Bikram yoga founder Bikram Choudhury
- Kelly: Bradley Cooper; co-host Sam Champion
- The View: Elizabeth Banks; author Rielle Hunter ("What Really Happened")
- The Talk: Guest co-host Trisha Yearwood; actor Michael Ealy
- Ellen DeGeneres: Rihanna; NFL star Drew Brees; science enthusiast Steve Spangler
The Baltimore Ravens cut kicker Billy Cundiff, opting to go with rookie Justin Tucker. During Baltimore's first three preseason games Tucker made two field goals of 50 yards or longer, while Cundiff was 1 for 6 last year from that distance.
On Valentine's Day, the Pay-O-Matic check cashing store in Queens was robbed by crooks wearing NYPD badges, jackets, baseball caps, and sunglasses. They made off with nearly $200,000 and for months cops thought they were looking for two white suspects until they received an important tip. One suspect looked a lot like "Mac the Guy," a silicon mask made by movie makeup company CFX. Police called the company to find they'd recently received an e-mail from Edward Byam, saying: "I'm sending this message to say I'm extremely pleased by CFX work on the mask. The realism of the mask is unbelievable." The stupidity of Byam is also unbelievable as cops were able to use the e-mail to track him and arrest the crooks.
2008: Democrats nominated Senator Barack Obama for president
actor Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad, Big Love) 33