Bits and Pieces - August 31, 2012
August 31, 2012
Charlie Sheen is going to be doing another 90 episodes of his TV show Anger Management. In fact, they say Charlie will have nearly as much anger as the crowd at the Republican convention.
KRIS HUMPHRIES is being sued by some woman who claims he gave her herpes. Her name is Kayla Goldberg and she claims she met Kris in August, 2010 and after some canoodling at a Hollywood nightclub he took her to a hotel to do the deed without the benefit of protection. Kris denies the charges and is telling friends it's absolutely impossible that he gave anyone herpes because he tested negative within the last two months after another woman accused him of the same thing. It sounds especially fishy considering team Kardashian would no doubt leak this little nugget in their nasty divorce battle.
SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE has announced the first three guest hosts and musical acts of their upcoming season. For the September 15th season premiere, Seth MacFarlane will host with musical guest Frank Ocean. The following week it's Joseph Gordon-Levitt with Mumford & Sons, followed by Daniel Craig with Muse on October 6th.
- THE FOO FIGHTERS may not be going away anytime soon. Dave Grohl told the audience at England's Reading Festival that the performance would be their 'last show for a long time.' They have at least four shows next month, plus the banner on the tour page of their website reads: "We are coming for you, too. More shows being added here soon."
- WHITNEY HOUSTON'S estate will publish the book Whitney: Tribute to an Icon on November 27th. The book will include photos and essays by friends and associates.
- CARRIE UNDERWOOD will kick off the North American leg of her Blown Away tour on September 14th in Manchester, New Hampshire. HUNTER HAYES will open for Carrie and she says they may perform some songs together.
- Jay Leno: Journalist Savannah Guthrie; actor Dolph Lundgren; Hoobastank
- David Letterman: Bruce Willis; comic Brian Regan; The Heavy performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Joseph Gordon-Levitt; actress Rebel Wilson; Good Old War
- Conan: Kyra Sedgwick; Mike Birbiglia; comedian Dominic Dierkes
- Jimmy Fallon: Bill Cosby; actor Fred Willard; No Doubt performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actress Lisa Kudrow
- Carson Daly: Talk-show host Tavis Smiley; musician Allen Stone; Band of Skulls
Roger Clemens says that he'll pitch again for the Sugar Land Skeeters minor league team. Clemens says his next start will be on September 8th.
As Kennewick, Washington police responded to a fire, they ran over a small black bag lying in the road. After making sure the burning building was evacuated, an officer went back and got the bag and found a digital scale, a lock pick kit and gloves inside. Soon, the officer was approached by 47-year-old Fred Edward III, who asked if they had found a computer bag that he dropped. When Fred realized the officer knew what was inside the bag, he tried to change his story and say it didn't belong to him. Alas, it was too late and a search found that Fred also had some 50 keys that appeared to be shaved and he was arrested.
1996: An expedition to raise part of the Titanic failed when the lines snapped.
actress Peggy Lipton (Twin Peaks, Mod Squad, The Postman) 65