Bits and Pieces - September 4, 2012
September 4, 2012
MTV has canceled Jersey Shore. That's terrible. Now if I want to watch mindless, idiotic reality shows signaling the collapse of society I'll only have Teen Mom, the Kardashians, Real Housewives, Honey Boo Boo, Dance Moms...
LEANN RIMES turned 30 on Tuesday and today she's in treatment. Her rep says she voluntarily entered a 30 day in-patient facility to cope with anxiety and stress. LeAnn will get out on weekends, so if you have tickets to an upcoming show, it's still on. There were rumors of drug and/or eating disorder issues and suspicions that husband Eddie Cibrian was cheating on her. However, word is she's in meltdown mode over Twitter haters who are still cheesed off at her for having an affair with Eddie while he was still married to Brandi Glanville, not to mention cheating on her own husband. In fact, Radar Online says that LeAnn went to lunch with some Twitter followers and the subject of a woman who un-followed her, named Kimberly Smiley, came up. LeAnn had one of her lunch guests call Smiley and then got on the phone and said, "Hey b*tch this is LeAnn you have 5 minutes to say whatever you want to me!" Smiley said that she'd never heard a person cuss so much. Now, LeAnn Rimes is suing Smiley and her sister, claiming they illegally recorded that conversation and posted it online.
MICHAEL DOUGLAS is in talks to star as President Ronald Reagan in the movie Reykjavik. It's about the 1986 nuclear summit between Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev in Iceland's capital city.
- THE DAVE MATTHEWS BAND unveiled the video for their song 'Mercy'. That's the one where they asked fans to send in photos and video clips to use in the video. The song will be on the band's upcoming album Away from the World, which will be out on September 11th.
- There was more car trouble for WILL.I.AM on Wednesday night. After his car was stolen earlier this month and later recovered, he's now gotten into an accident. Apparently he hit a parked car on the way home from a recording session and aside from a little whiplash, he and passenger CHERYL COLE are fine.
- MIRANDA LAMBERT will produce a new detective drama for NBC. The show will be about parents who raise two kids while running a detective agency. It's not a stretch for Miranda as her mom and dad were both private investigators.
- Jay Leno: Lauren Graham; sportscaster Dan Patrick; The Dunwells perform
- David Letterman: U.S. gymnastics team; Jennifer Garner; Rodriguez performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Tom Arnold; actress Ashley Greene; The Wood Brothers perform
- Jimmy Fallon: Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.); singer Joe Jonas; 2 Chainz performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actor Seth Green; actress Sutton Foster
- Carson Daly: Actor Artie Lange; singer Chely Wright; We Are Augustines
The NFL has suspended Tennessee Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt for one game over his July DUI arrest when he tried to pass through a security gate at the Fort Campbell Army post. It was Britt's eighth incident involving police since being drafted in 2009.
Someone from a major bank has finally lost their job. Unfortunately, it wasn't some CEO that lost their job over the nation's financial meltdown. Des Moines, Iowa Wells Fargo Home Mortgage employee Richard Eggers was fired from his job as a customer service representative. Eggers had nothing to do with writing bad home loans. It seems that back in 1963 he put a fake dime in a washing machine at a Laundromat. The conviction remained on Eggers' record all these years and he was fired under new federal banking employment guidelines enacted last year. Oh, and yes kids, it used to only cost a dime to use a washing machine at a Landromat.
2009: Congressman Joe Wilson shouted "You lie!" during President Barack Obama's speech to Congress on health care.
actress Michelle Williams (Dawson's Creek, Brokeback Mountain, Prozac Nation) 32