Bits and Pieces - September 6, 2012
September 6, 2012
Marc Anthony has reportedly signed on to be a mentor on The X Factor. Marc will share his years of experience in the music business to help guide the singing hopefuls through the ins and outs of celebrity divorce.
As you might guess, there are some women that don't want to see ROBERT PATTINSON get back together with KRISTEN STEWART. Among them are his sisters, who've supposedly told him: "Don't even think about getting back together with Kristen!" Radar Online says Lizzy and Victoria Pattinson warned their brother of the old adage, 'once a cheater, always a cheater,' telling him he'd be foolish to let Kristen back into his life. A source says, "Lizzy and Victoria feel terrible for heartbroken Robert, especially because of the embarrassment that was caused and they will kill him if he gets back with Kristen." The sisters may find relief in another report that says Robert has changed his cell phone number four times in order to avoid Kristen's incessant calling.
JILLIAN MICHAELS is returning to THE BIGGEST LOSER next season after a two-year absence. The new season begins in January.
- GREEN DAY'S BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG lost his voice over the weekend and the group was forced to cancel a concert in Bologna, Italy, on Sunday. The band released a video apologizing for the missed date. Their next scheduled show is in Las Vegas on September 21st.
- R. KELLY has a new album on the way called Black Panties and he'll kick off his Single Ladies North American tour on October 13th in Columbia, South Carolina.
- Amazon.com is streaming KIX BROOKS' solo debut album "New to This Town." The album will be out next Tuesday. To listen, go to amazon.com/kixbrooks
- Jay Leno: Adam Levine; Magic Johnson; Grace Potter performs
- David Letterman: Emma Watson; TV host Julie Chen; Matchbox Twenty
- Jimmy Kimmel: Bob Newhart; actor Kevin Hart; Miss Willie Brown performs
- Conan: Lauren Graham; Rob Delaney; Best Coast
- Jimmy Fallon: Ellen Barkin; singer Demi Lovato; Luke Bryan performs
- Craig Ferguson: Jeremy Irons; actress Monica Potter
- Carson Daly: Actresses Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham; Foster the People
The Miami Dolphins have released quarterback David Garrard, leaving Matt Moore as the backup to rookie starter Ryan Tannehill. The Dolphins signed Garrard in March, but he was sidelined by a knee injury in the pre-season, clearing the way for Tannehill to claim the starting job.
Two men staged a cunning plot to rob an Arlington, Virginia 7-Eleven. The plot involved the first robber barging into the store with a handgun and demanding that the clerk hand over the money. The second robber then threw a firecracker into the store. Unfortunately, the second robber didn't tell the first robber of his firecracker plan. When the ensuing explosion occurred, clueless robber number-one ran out the door with robber number-two, both empty handed. (See here)
2006: Katie Couric made her debut as anchor of the CBS Evening News
actress Rose McGowan (Scream, Charmed, Grindhouse) 38