Bits and Pieces - September 7, 2012
September 7, 2012
Kim Kardashian now says that she's focused more on "the simple things" in life. If you don't believe Kim, just ask the servants at her mansion, the guy who waxes her Bentley or the butler that pours the champagne on her yacht.
AMANDA BYNES has been charged with two misdemeanor counts of hit-and-run after her recent vehicular misadventures. The first case over an April crash hit a dead end and Amanda would've been off the hook had she not gotten into another fender bender last month. That led prosecutors to connect the dots and press charges. That second accident was especially bad news for Amanda as detectives say damage to the victim's car matched the damage to Amanda's vehicle. If convicted on both charges, she could face a year in jail.
It's getting down to crunch time for AMERICAN IDOL! With just two more weeks until on-air auditions are set to begin in New York City, only Mariah Carey has signed on as a judge. Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban are said to be close to deals, but nothing has been signed and they want four judges on the panel. Even Randy Jackson, who's being moved to mentor status, hasn't signed yet.
- BILLY CORGAN says he's already writing more songs for another SMASHING PUMPKINS album. Corgan describes the new tunes as 'more of a rockin' affair' and he hopes to have the disc out by December of 2013.
- WIZ KHALIFA is hitting the road again on what he's calling the "2050 Tour." The tour kicks off on October 12th in State Park, Pennsylvania. It could be 2050 before Wiz's album "O.N.I.F.C." hits the shelves, as it's been pushed back from a planned September 18th release.
- SCOTTY MCCREERY will release his album "Christmas with Scotty McCreery" on October 16th. It will feature nine classic holiday songs and two originals.
- Today: Chef Giada De Laurentiis; TV host Jeff Probst; actress Wanda Sykes
- Good Morning America: TBA
- CBS This Morning: Dr. Phil McGraw
- Kelly & Michael: Katie Couric; actor James Marsden; Olympians Carli Lloyd and Alex Morgan
- The View: Glenn Close; TV host Terry Bradshaw
- The Talk: Betty White; actor Mechad Brooks; TV host Mel Robbins
- Ellen DeGeneres: Julia Roberts; actor Liam Hemsworth; singer Justin Bieber; Carly Rae Jepsen performs
Forbes magazine says the Dallas Cowboys are the first American sports franchise worth more than $2 billion. They list the Cowboys' worth as $2.1 billion and the only team in the world more valuable is Manchester United of the English Premier League, valued at $2.24 billion.
An unnamed Tarzana, California man was apparently doing some interior decorating. It seems our friend broke into the Just Like Home Furniture store three times in a 15-minute period and stole $3,000 worth of furniture. Despite the fact the fact that our friend was caught on security cameras burglarizing the business he wasn't caught by police and remains on the loose.
2004: Former President Clinton underwent heart bypass surgery.
rapper Foxy Brown 33