Bits and Pieces - September 12, 2012
September 12, 2012
Britain's Prince Harry has been deployed to Afghanistan and the Taliban says they want to either kill or kidnap him. In fact, they say these are the most serious threats Harry has received since the royal family saw his naked photos.
If you believe Star Magazine, KATE MIDDLETON is expecting and that "Palace sources" have confirmed it. Of course, last November, In Touch also reported that Kate was six weeks along. As for evidence, Star has a photo from June that shows Kate wearing a lacy dress and a sash that appears to have been let out about an inch for a presumed baby bump. They also claim to somehow know that the baby was conceived during a "passionate night together" in Wales just after the end of the Olympics. In any case, Buckingham Palace does say William and Kate are off on what they call a grueling 10-day Diamond Jubilee tour of the South Pacific following a romantic weekend in a villa in France.
JAY LENO has extended his contract with NBC and will continue to host THE TONIGHT SHOW for at least two more years, through May 2014. It was also revealed that he took a 50 percent pay cut recently, from $30 million to around $15 million annually.
- GREEN DAY will kick off a North American tour with seven intimate West Coast dates starting on November 26th at Seattle's Paramount Theatre. After a holiday break, they'll hit the road again on an arena tour beginning January 7th in Green Bay. (Yes, Green Day in Green Bay!)
- It turns out NICKI MINAJ didn't endorse Mitt Romney in a recent rap. President Obama had shrugged it off saying, "She likes to play different characters." Nicki later Tweeted a 'thank you' to Obama for understanding her creative humor and sarcasm, adding: "the smart ones always do."
- LADY ANTEBELLUM will release their first full Christmas album, called "On This Winter's Night," on October 22nd. The set will feature 11 holiday classics, plus their original title track.
- Today: Matthew Perry; actor Jason Ritter; author Tony Danza
- Good Morning America: Richard Gere; fashion designer Jessica Simpson; style expert Tim Gunn
- CBS This Morning: Singer Don McLean; author Lee Child
- Kelly & Michael: Matthew Perry; actress Olivia Wilde
- The View: TV journalist George Stephanopoulos; actress Jennifer Hudson
- The Talk: Actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson; celebrity trainer Shaun T
- Ellen DeGeneres: Britney Spears and Simon Cowell; performers Sophia Grace and Rosie
New York Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira is expected to be sidelined for up to two weeks after re-injuring his calf during Saturday's game in Baltimore.
You may recall last week's story about a bomb threat that forced an airliner to return to Philadelphia. Cops boarded the plane and arrested Christopher Shell before discovering it was a prank. It started when Shell posted a compromising photo of his ex-girlfriend on Facebook. Her new boyfriend, Kenneth W. Smith Jr., got cheesed and called in the bomb hoax. Smith was arrested and Shell was allowed to continue on to Dallas. However, when Shell finally reached Texas to celebrate his 29th birthday he was arrested again, this time over outstanding warrants on drug charges.
1789: President George Washington named Alexander Hamilton to be the first secretary of the treasury.
rapper Ludacris 35