Bits and Pieces - September 13, 2012
September 13, 2012
The NFL is looking into Nike's new uniform pants because they're so sheer that you can see what the players are wearing underneath. They say the pants are thinner than the Buffalo Bills defense.
According to some website called LaineyGossip.com, ROBERT PATTINSON and KRISTEN STEWART are secretly back together. They say Pattinson wants to keep it quiet for now because he's worried about a possible backlash from fans. Stewart pulled out of a planned joint appearance with Pattinson at last week's MTV Video Music Awards, but the other day she said that they'll be "totally fine" appearing together on the red carpet while promoting the next Twilight movie. However, Radar Online is saying that JAMES FRANCO met Kristen at the Toronto Film Festival last week and was "smitten." A source tells them they talked for about 20 minutes and "There was a lot of flirting and Kristen was overjoyed by the attention she was getting from James, who was gushing over her, saying what a great actress he thinks she is." James took Kristen's number and asked her out for dinner, but she said 'no,' although she's said to be reconsidering.
RANDY JACKSON will reportedly be back behind the judge's table for another season of AMERICAN IDOL. There was talk of moving him to mentor status, but word is he wasn't too keen about that idea and when talks with Enrique Iglesias fizzled out, Randy was back in. So, it looks like the judges will be Randy, Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban, although Nicki and Keith haven't signed yet.
- THE KILLERS new album Battle Born won't be out until next week, but if you just can't wait they're streaming snippets on their website at TheKillersMusic.com.
- NE-YO will appear as himself on a November episode of 90210. He'll appear in a scene at the Hollywood Bowl and sing "Let Me Love You" and one other song.
- RASCAL FLATTS will get their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame next Monday. If you happen to be in the area, the star will be located in front of the Sergeant Supply Store at 6664 Hollywood Boulevard.
- Today: Howie Mandel; lifestyle expert Martha Stewart; Dr. Drew Pinsky; author Mark Bittman; actress Jessica Alba
- Good Morning America: Actress Amy Adams; fashion designer Nicole Richie; Kix Brooks performs
- CBS This Morning: Author Bob Woodward; author Mitch Albom
- Kelly & Michael: Actor Jeremy Irons
- The View: Actress Amy Adams; Dr. Drew Pinsky
- The Talk: Chef Aaron Sanchez; actress Katey Sagal; guest host Brooke Shields
- Ellen DeGeneres: Actress Allison Janney; actress Reese Witherspoon
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has agreed to meet with Jonathan Vilma, Will Smith, Scott Fujita and Anthony Hargrove, the four players suspended for their alleged involvement in the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal. No word yet on when that meeting will take place.
Not everyone was impressed with President Obama's speech at the Democratic Convention last week. About 10 minutes into the speech, Tavares, Florida police officer Sarah Coursey commented, "Where's Lee Harvey Oswald or John Wilkes Booth when you need them?" Unfortunately, Sarah had the bright idea to post these comments on Facebook for all, including concerned citizens, her commanding officers and the U.S. Secret Service to see. Sarah did earn herself a free vacation as she's on paid lead during the investigation.
2010: Lady Gaga wore a meat dress as she swept the MTV Video Music Awards with eight wins
singer Jennifer Hudson 31