Bits and Pieces - September 18, 2012
September 18, 2012
Topless photos of Duchess Kate have been published by several European tabloids. Buckingham Palace hasn't been this upset over topless photos of a royal family member since Queen Elizabeth was photographed without her hat.
Both RYAN GOSLING and EVA MENDES could soon be off the market. Sources tell OK magazine that Ryan is "itching" to tie the knot with Eva and is reportedly "head over heels" in love with her. The one possible hang up is that they say Eva doesn't seem too interested in making it official.
JAMIE LEE CURTIS and ROB REINER have signed to play ZOOEY DESCHANEL'S parents this season on THE NEW GIRL. The new season begins September 25th on Fox.
- BOB DYLAN is working on a follow-up to his 2004 book, Chronicles: Volume One. Dylan says he's always working on parts of it, but didn't have any time frame for when it might see the light of day.
- RIHANNA will be featured on the cover of Vogue magazine for a second time. On Friday, Rihanna Tweeted: "It's a big day for me!!! I'm shooting my SECOND AMERICAN #VOGUE COVER and it's with none other than thee Annie Leibovitz again! #VogueLife."
- Congratulations to the PISTOL ANNIES' ASHLEY MONROE, who got engaged to her Chicago White Sox pitcher boyfriend John Danks.
- Jay Leno: Richard Gere; wrestler Anthony Robles; Rascal Flatts perform
- David Letterman: Joseph Gordon-Levitt; actress Mindy Kaling; Of Gentlemen and Cowards perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Matthew Perry; baseball player Josh Hamilton; Kreayshawn
- Conan: Simon Cowell; Demi Lovato; Megan Mullally
- Jimmy Fallon: Susan Sarandon; actor Karl Urban; comic Jim Hamilton
- Craig Ferguson: Julie Chen; football's Warren Sapp; Lianne La Havas performs
- Carson Daly: Blake Shelton; Stuart Krohn & ICEF Rugby; Jessie Baylin
Alabama and LSU are back atop the latest Associated Press college football poll. Rounding out the top five are Oregon, Florida State and Georgia.
Mesa, Arizona's 36-year-old Margarita H. Zaragoza was about to enjoy an adult beverage when her boyfriend poured it down the sink. He had good intentions as Margarita is pregnant and he knew that drinking in her condition was a no-no. Margarita didn't take too kindly to the loss of beverage and stabbed her boyfriend. Margarita later told police that her boyfriend came up behind her while she was washing a knife in the sink and she accidentally stabbed him when she turned to talk to him. No, the police didn't believe it either, especially since Margarita has an arrest record for DUI and drugs and now suspicion of aggravated assault.
2004: Barry Bonds hit his 700th home run.
basketball's Phil Jackson 67