Bits and Pieces - September 19, 2012
September 19, 2012
An Italian magazine has published 26 pages of long distance photos showing Duchess Kate Middleton topless. In fact, the photos were taken from such a long distance away, they were sent back by the Mars rover.
It turns out that AMANDA BYNES almost dodged another bullet before she was caught driving with a suspended license on Sunday and had her car impounded. It started when she tried to park in a no-parking zone at the Burbank Airport and told airport police she was there to catch a flight. When they told her she couldn't park there, she drove off, but airport cops soon saw her driving aimlessly near the valet area, before leaving without entering the terminal. Within an hour, the regular police pulled Amanda over for a traffic violation and she lost her ride.
Hairspray star NIKKI BLONSKY has signed on for a recurring role on SMASH. Her role is being kept under wraps, but she won't be playing herself. Smash returns to NBC early next year.
- SOUNDGARDEN will release their first new studio album in over 16 years on November 13th. It's called "King Animal," and the appropriately titled first single is "Been Away Too Long," and that'll be out on September 27th.
- Former FUGEE WYCLEF JEAN'S new autobiography Purpose: An Immigrant's Story is out today and in it he claims that he and LAURYN HILL had an affair and she led him to believe that her son, Zion, was his when it turned out to be Rohan Marley's. Jean says after that, "She could no longer be my muse. Our love spell was broken."
- TAYLOR SWIFT will be heading overseas next month to perform at BBC Radio 1's Teen Awards in the United Kingdom. Taylor is also up for five 2012 MTV European Music Awards when that ceremony is held on November 11th in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Today: Justin Bieber's mother, Pattie Mallette; actress Mindy Kaling; Pink performs; author Penny Marshall
- Good Morning America: Author Jewel ("That's What I'd Do"); actress Brooke Burke; Easton Corbin
- CBS This Morning: Ford CEO Alan Mulally; business magnate Richard Branson; author Joel Osteen; author Ken Follett
- Kelly & Michael: Actor Kelsey Grammer
- The View: Actors Jon Cryer and Andrew McCarthy
- The Talk: Christina Applegate; actress Janet Montgomery
- Ellen DeGeneres: Clint Eastwood; Justin Bieber's mother, Pattie Mallette; Carly Rae Jepsen
Three University of Wisconsin students have been charged in the attack on Badgers' running back Montee Ball in August. The attackers were reportedly seeking revenge for a previous fight at a party.
After being caught trying to burglarize the home of Joey Buchanan, 21-year-old Jerry Lee Washington Jr. jumped his in his car and drove away, running over Joey and damaging his car. Luckily, Jerry Lee was quickly captured after he walked into the Warrior, Alabama police department to report the damage to his car. Joey later told reporters, "Some people aren't as bright as they think they are. You don't go to somebody's house, steal something from them, run over somebody that is there, and then go file a report against them. How's that going to work?"
2009: The final episode of the soap Guiding Light aired on CBS, ending a 72-year run on radio and TV.
actor James Marsden (X-Men, Zoolander, 27 Dresses) 39