Bits and Pieces - September 20, 2012
September 20, 2012
Teachers in Chicago have voted to go back to work. In fact, yesterday kids in Chicago rushed out to get school supplies like pencils, notebooks, and condoms.
MARIAH CAREY and NICKI MINAJ have reportedly called an AMERICAN IDOL truce. Of course, Mariah said there was never a feud to call a truce from, but that's beside the point. Sources say Mariah and others were ticked that Nicki arrived 45 minutes late to auditions on Sunday, which would've been her first day on the job. They also say Mariah pulled Nicki aside on Monday and convinced her that feuding wouldn't be good for the show and they both needed to get over it.
Comedy Central's JON STEWART and Fox News' BILL O'REILLY will stage a comic presidential debate on October 6th, with half the profits going to charity. The 90-minute clash will be streamed online for $4.95.
- BLACK KEYS' drummer PATRICK CARNEY married Emily Ward on Saturday at their Nashville home in front of about 350 family members and friends. Oddly enough, the ceremony was presided over by former Saturday Night Live player Will Forte and the bride walked down the aisle to Tommy James & the Shondells' "Crimson and Clover."
- Would you believe, Reverend DMX? The rapper has been ordained as a deacon at his local church in New York and hopes to give his first sermon soon.
- BRAD PAISLEY is releasing what he says is a top secret new single from his upcoming album tomorrow night. No word yet on where it'll be released.
- Jay Leno: Amy Poehler; TV host Joe Scarborough; Big & Rich performs
- David Letterman: Michael Strahan; actor Arthur Meyer; Band of Horses perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Julie Bowen; actor Nate Parker; The Afghan Whigs perform
- Conan: Simon Helberg; Anna Kendrick; musical guest Delta Rae
- Jimmy Fallon: Maya Rudolph; actor Dave Annable; Elmo; The Avett Brothers
- Craig Ferguson: Actress Sophia Bush
- Carson Daly: Actress Katharine McPhee; Wallpaper performs
The New England Patriots have agreed to terms with tight end Kellen Winslow on a one-year contract. The Patriots also brought back wide receiver Deion Branch, less than three weeks after releasing him. The Patriots made the moves to replenish their injury-riddled receiving corps.
Burbank, California brothers Rodney and Wilbert Matheney recently got into a fight in front of their grandmother. The 50-year-old Rodney and his 48-year-old brother duked it out using knives, a barbeque fork and a piece of pipe, breaking out the back window of the car their granny was sitting in. Police soon arrived and arrested parolee Wilbert on suspicion of making terrorist threats and denied bail, while Rodney, who had three warrants for his arrest, had his bail set at $141,000. If you're wondering, the two brothers were fighting over a bicycle.
2011: Over 27 million people tuned in to see Charlie Sheen's character killed off on Two and a Half Men.
actor Adam West (Batman, The Last Precinct, Tammy and the Doctor) 84