Bits and Pieces - September 24, 2012
September 24, 2012
Paris Hilton was secretly recorded saying that gay guys are the horniest people in the world. Wow. That's kind of like Amanda Bynes saying that Lindsay Lohan is the worst driver in the world.
The LINDSAY LOHAN - AMANDA BYNES rivalry continues! While Lindsay may get 86'd from bars, Amanda got kicked out of her gym's spinning class on Tuesday night. TMZ says the instructor stopped the session halfway through and kicked her out after Amanda got off her bike, walked around looking for a different bike, got on a new bike, took off her top to reveal a black push-up bra and then stopped cycling so she could spend 10 minutes applying makeup. Meanwhile, Amanda is supposedly telling friends that Lindsay's arrest this week was simply karma kicking her in the butt for Tweeting bad things about her.
LOUISE ROE is replacing ELLE MACPHRESON has host of NBC's FASHION STAR. The show is also moving from Tuesdays to Sundays for the second season.
- STEVEN TYLER says he'd be willing to return to American Idol, but only as a mentor and not as a judge. Tyler has admitted that taking the gig upset his AEROSMITH bandmates, adding that 'sometimes stuff doesn't get talked out quite properly, but it always turns out as songs down the line anyway.'
- SNOOP DOGG recently shared a photo of himself bonding with his 18-year-old son, Corde, over a bong.
- GARY ALLAN says he'll release his new album, called Set You Free, in early 2013. It'll include his new single, "Every Storm (Runs Out of Rain)."
- Today: Maggie Gyllenhaal; singer Pink
- Good Morning America: The Killers perform
- CBS This Morning: PayPal founder Elon Musk; actor Michael Chiklis
- Kelly & Michael: Michael Chiklis; actress America Ferrera; Richie Sambora
- The View: Guest co-host Tim Hasselbeck; actors Paul Rudd and Ed Asner; comic Mario Cantone; Vanilla Ice performs
- The Talk: Jon Cryer; TV host Phil Keoghan; chef Aaron McCargo Jr.
- Ellen DeGeneres: Dennis Quaid; actress Jenna Dewan-Tatum; teen YouTube singers Myles Erlick and Kolton Stewart perform
The Oakland A's say pitcher Brett Anderson is out for the rest of the regular season. However, Anderson said he's hopeful he'll be ready for the postseason, if the A's make it that far. Anderson underwent Tommy John surgery last year.
Volusia County, Florida's Jose Rivera is bipolar and apparently off his meds when he noticed his wife, Wendy, had hidden his prized handgun. This got Jose hot as a pistol and, unfortunately for Wendy, she forgot that Jose also had a shotgun, which he used to shoot her cell phone to death. Fearing the same fate, Wendy got in her car and tried to leave as Jose threatened to shoot the car. Luckily, police arrived and Jose tried to explain that the car was his property and it was perfectly legal to shoot one's own property. That excuse worked as well as you might expect and Jose was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and false imprisonment. Since Jose is a convicted felon it was illegal for him to have a gun.
1846: Dentist Dr. William Morton used ether on a patient for the first time
actress Lacey Chabert (Mean Girls, Daddy Day Care, Party of Five) 30