Bits and Pieces - September 28, 2012
September 28, 2012
Jersey Shore's Jenni "JWoww" Farley is engaged to her boyfriend. If you want to get them something, the couple is registered at Gym, Tan and Beyond.
The latest buzz on KRISTEN STEWART and ROBERT PATTINSON is that not only are they back on, they're once again shacking up! A supposed insider tells Us Weekly "They are living together and have reconciled." However, they're still far apart publicly as Pattinson spent the weekend making the rounds of the Emmy parties in Hollywood, while Stewart arrived solo in Paris yesterday. While things aren't completely back to normal for the two, OK magazine says they're planning a "secret getaway" to reconnect with one another while Virgin Media claims that Pattinson is giving her a one-month "trial" to see if it works and, if not, he'll walk.
Here comes more HONEY BOO BOO! TLC has ordered more episodes of the reality show "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo," plus holiday specials for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- You can put your needles down as BON IVER frontman JUSTIN VERNON has picked a winner for his Northern Exposure tattoo design contest. Vernon asked for designs in the vein of Czech Art Nouveau painter Alphons Mucha. After receiving 59 entries from 26 artists, he chose one from Italian artist Giulio Rossi.
- LUDACRIS says his upcoming album, Ludaversal, which was supposed to be out this month, will now arrive in early 2013.
- GEORGE STRAIT has announced plans for a 40-date farewell tour. The tour, to be called "The Cowboy Rides Away, 2013-2014," begins next January in Lubbock, Texas and will feature Martina McBride as opening act, with special guests at many of the tour stops. However, Strait says he's not retiring and plans to make albums, write songs, and, perhaps, play select shows.
- Jay Leno: Liam Neeson; comic Lisa Lampanelli; The Gaslight Anthem performs
- David Letterman: Regis Philbin; musician Neil Young; Lupe Fiasco performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Selena Gomez; actor Lenny Venito; Tony Bennett performs
- Conan: Jake Gyllenhaal; Karen Gillan; musical guest The Chevin
- Jimmy Fallon: Sofia Vergara; actor Damian Lewis; TV host Jeff Mauro
- Craig Ferguson: Anne Heche; actress Jennifer Carpenter
- Carson Daly: Author Diana Nyad; Chairlift performs; "Samsara."
New York Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw has been cleared to practice and is expected to return this week. That would push fill-in Andre Brown, who had two touchdowns last week, back to the bench.
Steven Paul Larson has learned that you never bring a knife to a beer fight. Larson brandished a knife and attempted to rob a Port Orange, Florida convenience store. After reaching over the counter and grabbing cash from the register, clerk Dilip Patel snatched a 4-pack of Natural Light and pelted Larson with the cans. Larson dropped the cash as he fled and was soon arrested at his home.
1894: The Aqueduct Race Track opened in New York City
singer Avril Lavigne 28