Bits and Pieces - October 1, 2012
October 1, 2012
NASA's Curiosity rover has confirmed that the planet Mars once had water. They're certain Mars once had water because the rover found tell-tale rock formations, gravel beds and empty Perrier bottles.
An attorney for AMANDA BYNES entered a not guilty plea on her behalf over her two alleged hit-and-run accidents. As had been reported, Amanda wasn't required to be there, so she stayed in New York, where she was spotted doing some shopping as the hearing took place in Los Angeles. Amanda is facing up to a year in the slammer over the charges, although a plea bargain is likely and it's highly doubtful she'll see the inside of a jail cell. Her next court date is October 19th and it's unclear if she'll have to be there for it, but the judge did order Amanda to turn herself in by October 21st for fingerprints and mug shots.
SELENA GOMEZ will star in a new one-hour Wizards of Waverly Place special that takes the Russo family and friends to Tuscany, Italy, to meet their long lost relatives. Selena will also be the executive producer. Look for it early next year.
- THE KILLERS paid tribute to late singer ANDY WILLIAMS at the Fonda Theater in Los Angeles on Wednesday night. If you're wondering what the connection is, 'Moon River' is often part of their live show and they covered Williams' 'Can't Get Used to Losing You' in 1983.
- For some reason, 50 CENT has taken it upon himself to urge people to become masters of their domain. Mr. Cent was even nice enough to Tweet four easy steps to stop being intimate with oneself...they are: Stop going to porn sites; Make a conscious decision not to turn your head after people walk by you; Do not go to strip clubs; Do not look at lust filled magazines.
- KENNY CHESNEY has unveiled a set of smart phone apps to let fans enhance the experience of his live shows and albums. They offer a variety of interactive features and combine his web store, social media channels and his No Shoes Radio all in one place.
- Today: Actress Soleil Moon Frye; actress Famke Janssen; dog trainer Cesar Millan
- Good Morning America: Actor Eric Stonestreet; actress Emily VanCamp; actors Selena Gomez and Adam Sandler ("Hotel Transylvania"); Olly Murs performs
- CBS This Morning: Actress Janet Montgomery
- Kelly & Michael: Julianna Margulies; actress Emily VanCamp
- The View: Guest co-host Andy Cohen; actor Damian Lewis; Jennifer Morrison
- The Talk: Actress Marcia Cross; author Andrew McCarthy
- Ellen DeGeneres: Selena Gomez; NBA star Kobe Bryant; The Killers perform
Kurt Busch will take over for Regan Smith in the No. 78 Furniture Row NASCAR entry earlier than planned. Busch had signed to drive the car in 2013, but will replace Smith for the final five races of this season starting October 13th at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Four men raided a Greentown, Indiana convenience store, forced the clerk and several customers into the store's office, taking the store's phone and locking them inside. However, that's when the genius switch was flipped to the 'off' position. The crooks failed to take one of the customers' cell phones, which they used to call police. Cops got their first break when they found the credit card of suspect Luke K. Spence at the scene. After tracking down Luke, they found evidence that led to the other suspects, their marijuana growing operation and video surveillance system that recorded them as they prepared for the heist.
2003: Arnold Schwarzenegger was elected governor of California
musician John Mellencamp 61