Bits and Pieces - October 4, 2012
October 4, 2012
Rihanna will perform during this year's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. You'll get to see skimpy outfits, underwear and lots of exposed female flesh. Plus, the Victoria's Secret models will be showing a lot of skin.
BRITNEY SPEARS has been under a conservatorship for more than four years now and while she seems to have improved greatly since her train wreck days she's still being kept on a shorter leash than you might imagine. A source tells Radar Online that Britney's cell phone and internet use is restricted and heavily monitored for her protection. Her father and her fiance mainly want to make sure that her former manager, Sam Lutfi, isn't able to contact her, so they routinely check to see who's been calling. Britney is also blocked from certain websites that might post negative stories about her and upset her. The reason for the big clampdown is that the restraining order they had against Lutfi has expired and he can now legally contact her. Lutfi is suing Britney and her parents for defamation after Britney's mom, Lynne Spears, trashed him in her book a few years back.
Sources are saying that KHLOE KARDASHIAN and MARIO LOPEZ co-hosting THE X FACTOR is virtually a done deal and that an announcement will be made sometime this week.
- DAVE GROHL has confirmed that THE FOO FIGHTERS aren't breaking up, but they are taking a break. Grohl wrote a letter to fans on Facebook yesterday explaining why it's a good thing for all of them to go away for a while. Grohl wrote: "I'm not sure when the Foo Fighters are going to play again. It feels strange to say that but it's a good thing for all of us to go away for a while. It's one of the reasons we're still here. I never want to NOT be in this band. So, sometimes it's good to just...put it back in the garage for a while."
- JIM JONES cut a deal with prosecutors over the Foxwoods casino brawl he was involved in back in February. Jones was charged with breach of peace, interfering with an officer, and inciting a riot, but cut the deal in which he'll pay only a $1,000 fine. The riot started after a stranger trash-talked Jones on his way out of a party hosted by Diddy.
- KENNY ROGERS' memoir, "Luck or Something Like It," is out, but one thing you won't be reading about is his infamous plastic surgery debacle. Kenny says he did write about it, but his manager told him to scrap leave it out. Rogers says he's not embarrassed that he had plastic surgery but admits he never liked the way his eyes looked afterwards.
- Today: "The Princess Bride" cast; The Piano Guys perform; basketball analyst Shaquille O'Neal
- Good Morning America: Queen Latifah; fitness expert Chris Powell; Dancing With the Stars castoff
- CBS This Morning: Writer David Denby; actor Donnie Wahlberg
- Kelly & Michael: Stephen Colbert; actress Leighton Meester
- The View: Queen Latifah, Phylicia Rashad, Jill Scott, and Alfre Woodard, author Kenny Rogers; guest co-host Mario Cantone
- The Talk: Singer Gloria Estefan
- Ellen DeGeneres: Eric Dane; reality TV stars Michael "The Situation" Sorrentino, Paul "Pauly D" DelVecchio and Ronnie Ortiz-Magro; OneRepublic performs
The Pittsburgh Steelers say that both safety Troy Polamalu and linebacker James Harrison are expected to play this Sunday at home against the Eagles. Polamalu has missed two straight games with a strained right calf, while Harrison has yet to play this season after undergoing knee surgery in August.
All too often, rational political debate descends into a quagmire of name-calling and raging lunacy. Then there's Republican Congressional nominee Brad Staats, who's running to represent the Nashville area in the House of Representatives. Staats recently posted a photo of his Colt 911 semi-automatic pistol on his Facebook page with the words: "Welcome to Tennessee, Mr. Obama." Staats later said in a phone interview that he's not one of those that would ever threaten the president. However, the Secret Service will make the final call on that.
2008: O.J. Simpson was found guilty of conspiracy, burglary and kidnapping after a Las Vegas hotel room memorabilia heist.
actor Sean William Scott (Dukes of Hazzard, Old School, American Pie) 36