Bits and Pieces - October 5, 2012
October 5, 2012
Arnold Schwarzenegger says that he sees himself and Maria Shriver getting back together. I think Arnold has a better chance of seeing Jingle All the Way 2.
It was back to work for the AMERICAN IDOL judges, although the latest truce between NICKI MINAJ and MARIAH CAREY would seem to be tenuous as more details leak on their epic battle. It seems Mariah started things by calling Nicki a "bitch" multiple times, although this is according to sources close to Minaj. They're saying this happened before the TMZ video rolled that showed Nicki going nuclear. Nicki reportedly threatened Mariah at one point, saying: "If I had a gun I would shoot her," although Idol producer Nigel Lythgoe denies that. However, the video did catch Nicki saying to Mariah, "Think I'm playin? Think this sh*t is a f*cking joke? Think it's a joke? If you say one more disrespectful thing to me -- off with your head!" Nicki apparently feels Mariah has been spending too much time praising herself instead of critiquing the contestants.
The Bachelor's CHRIS HARRISON and Dancing with the Stars' BROOKE BURKE-CHARVET will return to host The 2013 Miss America Pageant. The event will air live from the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas on January 12th.
- Former R.E.M. guitarist PETER BUCK has announced that he'll release his first solo album tomorrow. Its first run will only be available as a limited-edition pressing of 2,000 vinyl copies. Get the details on the R.E.M. website.
- A video has surfaced showing rapper Gunplay getting his head slammed into a metal barricade outside the BET Awards last Sunday night in Atlanta. It appears as if 50 CENT was part of the mob.
- That four-part series of comic books featuring TRACE ADKINS, called "Trace Adkins Is Luke McBain," proved to be so popular that 12 Gauge Comics has decided to compile them into a graphic novel. In addition to the original four comics, they'll include extras such as a cover gallery, character designs, script pages and more. The collection is in bookstores now.
- Today: Actress Julie Andrews; chef Chuck Hughes; actor Ed Asner
- Good Morning America: "National Lampoon's Vacation"; fitness expert Chris Powell
- CBS This Morning: Singer Kenny Rogers; comic Lewis Black
- Kelly & Michael: Singer Ricky Martin; reality TV stars Samantha "Sammi" Giancola, Deena Cortese and Jenni "JWoww" Farley
- The View: Craig Ferguson; "Dancing With the Stars" castoffs
- The Talk: Actresses Cheryl Ladd and Jaclyn Smith
- Ellen DeGeneres: Zac Efron; actress Rebel Wilson; Ed Sheeran performs
Despite their suspensions, Sean Payton, Mickey Loomis and Joe Vitt will attend Sunday night's Saints game in the Superdome to see Drew Brees attempt to break Johnny Unitas' NFL record by completing a scoring pass in his 48th consecutive game. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell granted permission for them to attend after a personal e-mail from Brees.
Danny Sawyer recently got a great deal on a Chevy Traverse from Priority Chevrolet in Chesapeake, Virginia. In fact, it was so good, they had Danny arrested. It seems the salesman accidentally sold him the SUV for $5,600 less than they should've and when he refused to sign a new, more expensive contract, the dealership called police, saying he'd stolen the vehicle. Police arrested Danny and held him for four hours before straightening things out. The president of the dealership says he owes Danny an apology and will let him have the vehicle at the agreed-upon price. However, Danny's lawyer has filed two lawsuits against the dealer for malicious prosecution, slander, defamation and abuse of process.
2004: The Space Ship One reached outer space for the second time in five days to capture a $10 million X prize to promote space tourism.
actress Rachel Leigh Cook (Josie & The Pussycats, She's All That, Blonde Ambition) 33