Bits and Pieces - October 9, 2012
October 9, 2012
Good Morning America weatherman Sam Champion has announced that he's engaged to his boyfriend. Sam's forecast calls for a 100 percent chance of dazzle.
It looks like the on again/off again relationship of KATY PERRY and JOHN MAYER is off again. A source supposedly close to Katy tells Radar Online, "John just can't commit, and he kept luring Katy back with promises that he was going to change, but then he didn't. Katy was pretty crazy about him, so she kept giving him another chance...She was sick of John disappearing for five days at a time, then booty calling her, then straightening up and treating her well, only to go back to his old behavior a few days later."
CBS is developing a TV series based on the CAMERON DIAZ - JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE movie BAD TEACHER. If you missed it, the film was about a foul-mouthed middle school teacher who attempts to seduce her colleague.
- COLDPLAY has released their video for Hurts Like Heaven after releasing a teaser clip over the weekend. Instead of the band, the video features comic book-style cartoon characters.
- JAY-Z will be releasing an EP of his concert series at the Barclays Center. Live in Brooklyn will be available through iTunes starting tomorrow. The set will include both audio and video.
- THE BAND PERRY gave a special performance for fans at the MLB Fan Cave for their concert series. They performed several songs and talked about their upcoming album.
- Jay Leno: Arnold Schwarzenegger; golfer Bubba Watson; the Wallflowers
- David Letterman: Animal expert Jack Hanna; actor Max Greenfield
- Jimmy Kimmel: Ben Affleck; singer Demi Lovato; Ben Howard performs
- Conan: Gov. Mitt Romney's five sons; Shinedown performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Ben Affleck; actress Connie Britton; dog trainer Cesar Millan; Sun Kil Moon performs
- Craig Ferguson: Lisa Kudrow; comic Marc Maron
- Carson Daly: Comic W. Kamau Bell; singer Lianne La Havas; The Hives perform
Alabama remains on top of the Associated Press college football poll. Oregon, South Carolina, Florida and West Virginia round out the top five.
Former TSA agent John W. Irwin might be a current TSA agent if not for this little incident. Back in November, a passenger asked that he be given a pat down rather than a body scan due to a medical condition. When TSA agents ordered the man to undergo the pat down in a private room, he complained but agreed to do so. The man placed $520 in cash in a plastic bin before heading off to the private room but, when he returned, the money was gone. It turns out that Irwin had taken the money and later admitted to police that he'd hid the cash in his locker as a form of punishment for the man complaining about his treatment.
2004: Martha Stewart reported to the Alderson Federal Prison Camp in West Virginia
actor Angus T. Jones (Two and a Half Men) 19