Bits and Pieces - October 10, 2012
October 10, 2012
Lady Gaga was performing in Barcelona the other night when she got sick and barfed onstage. They say she may have gotten hold of a bad meat dress.
Those rumors about ROBERT PATTINSON and KRISTEN STEWART getting back together continue to circulate with several sources telling People it's a done deal. They say that not only are they officially a couple again, Pattinson has decided not to sell the L.A. home that they shared. A moving van was once again seen outside the house a couple weekends back, but this past weekend the couple was on opposite sides of the country. Pattinson was in New York while Kristen attended a Florence + The Machine concert at the Hollywood Bowl with her dad. Other reports have said they'll get back together, but only to promote the new Twilight movie and Radar Online is saying that's because they're legally required to promote the film together along with the rest of the cast.
BEAR GRYLLS has survived being fired by the Discovery Channel and has landed at NBC with his own Survivor-like reality show. It's tentatively called 'Get out Alive' and they say it'll test teams of two beyond their most extreme imaginations. Look for it next summer.
- GREEN DAY won't be playing the Voodoo Music Experience in New Orleans on October 27th as planned. The group postponed a number of appearances after frontman Billie Joe Armstrong's on-stage meltdown last month in Las Vegas and his subsequent trip to rehab.
- Not only does The Voice's CEE LO GREEN have his own holiday album coming out later this month, he's getting his own Christmas special on NBC. No word yet on when the special will air.
- BILLY RAY CYRUS' new album "Change My Mind" will be out on October 23rd. The album's title track is also the first single.
- Jay Leno: Tyler Perry; sprint runner Oscar Pistorius; Plain White T's perform
- David Letterman: Kevin James; actor Chris Elliott; Miguel performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Megan Mullally; "Dancing With the Stars" castoff; Father John Misty performs
- Conan: Mila Kunis; actor Joel Stein; comic Rory Scovel
- Jimmy Fallon: Christopher Walken; Pete Townshend; Jens Lekman performs
- Craig Ferguson: Jeremy Irons; actress Monica Potter
- Carson Daly: Authors Deepak and Gotham Chopra; comic Tig Notaro; Milo Green performs
Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan says he's optimistic that Robert Griffin III will play next weekend after suffering a concussion in Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons.
Four students at Illinois' Pekin High School were suspended and barred from attending last weekend's homecoming festivities. Jason McMichael said he got a call from the dean's office saying that his son Eric had been caught taking what school officials suspected were drugs and that he had an elevated heart rate and high blood pressure. Upon further investigation, they discovered that the drugs were actually energy mints. However, the school upheld the suspensions on the grounds of gross misconduct for taking an unknown product.
2009: President Barack Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
actor Zachery Ty Bryan (Home Improvement, The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift) 31