Bits and Pieces - October 11, 2012
October 11, 2012
Rumor has it that Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman split because of his wandering eye. That's not hard to believe. After all, what woman can resist a 5-foot tall, 67-year-old pudgy bald guy?
If you had your hopes up for an ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER and MARIA SHRIVER reunion, you may be disappointed. While it was reported yesterday that Maria was spotted wearing her wedding ring, it turns out the ring in question belonged to Maria's late mother, Eunice Shriver, and she's been wearing since her mom's death in 2009.
KALEY CUOCO will return as host of the PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS next year. Kaley first hosted the show last January, replacing Queen Latifah, who'd hosted for five years in a row.
- SOUL ASYLUM co-founder Dan Murphy has announced that he's leaving the band after 31 years. Murphy posted a lengthy message on the band's website saying that the music business had changed over the years and nowadays you need a combination of naivety and swagger and that he no longer has either and is looking forward to a quieter life with family and friends.
- GUCCI MANE will roll out his "Trap God" mixtape next Wednesday. Mane will then have dropped 60 tracks this year and says he plans to do 10 projects in 2013.
- TAYLOR SWIFT has another new single out called "I Knew You Were Trouble" and the guessing game has begun as to what famous man it may be about. While it's presumed that "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" was written about Jake Gyllenhaal, the popular guess on 'Trouble' seems to be John Mayer. It wouldn't be her first song about Mayer and she may be especially inspired to write about him because rumor has it she gave it up to him.
- Jay Leno: Comic Chelsea Handler; singer Placido Domingo
- David Letterman: Salma Hayek; actor Nick Offerman; KISS performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Will Arnett; actor Chris Elliott; Dwight Yoakam performs
- Conan: Mark Wahlberg ; Billy Eichner: Infantree performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Tina Fey; actor Terry O'Quinn; Ellie Goulding performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actress Nikki Reed; author Mitch Albom
- Carson Daly: Actress Sarah Wayne Callies; journalist Joshuah Bearman; Fidlar
The Washington Redskins say quarterback Robert Griffin III has been cleared for non-contact practice and will work out with the team today. Coach Mike Shanahan is optimistic that Griffin will be ready for the team's game with the Minnesota Vikings.
Albanian-born actor Praq Rado traveled to the Hamptons International Film Festival to see his movie "Dreaming American." The film tells Rado's story of how he escaped from Albania without papers, was thrown overboard from a ship off the Italian coast and made his way to shore and finally found his way to America, where he lived for 11 years without documentation. Sadly, Rado will have to wait awhile to see the movie because on his way to the festival as he was picked up by federal immigration officials, who plan to deport him.
2004: Actor Christopher Reeve died at age 52.
NASCAR's Dale Earnhardt Jr. 38