Bits and Pieces - October 15, 2012
October 15, 2012
The Post Office is raising the price of a stamp by one penny to 46 cents. However, for just 35-cents, the Post Office says they'll deliver your e-mail.
KATY PERRY might want to try kissing a girl because things aren't working out so well for her when it comes to guys. After going a couple of rounds with John Mayer, Katy thought she'd take another shot at Florence + The Machine guitarist Robert Ackroyd. They were briefly an item earlier this year, but when the band recently played in Los Angeles, he wouldn't make the time for her. A source says Robert feels that Katy had her chance and suspects she just wanted him to help her get over the split with Mayer.
NBC's MUNSTERS remake Mockingbird Lane will see the light of day after all. The pilot starred Jerry O'Connell, Portia de Rossi and Eddie Izzard and it was described as a much darker version than the original sitcom. NBC spent about $10 million on it and while it won't be a series, the pilot will air as a Halloween special on Friday, October 26th.
- THE BLACK KEYS and RZA teamed up to do a new track for the movie The Man With the Iron Fists. The movie also marks RZA's directorial debut. The soundtrack will be out October 23rd and the film will be in theaters on November 2nd.
- RIHANNA has unveiled the title and artwork for her new album. It's called Unapologetic and, yes, Rihanna will appear topless on the cover, albeit with naughty parts strategically covered. Look for it November 19th.
- KEITH URBAN will be the recipient of the Nashville Symphony's 2012 Harmony Award. Urban will receive the award at their annual gala on December 8th.
- Today: Donald Trump; chef Anthony Bourdain; actress Marcia Cross; singer Jackie Evancho
- Good Morning America: The cast of "The Larry Sanders Show"; actors Henry Winkler and Kevin James; Drew Lachey and Anna Trebunskaya dance
- CBS This Morning: Author Nelson DeMille; director Paul Thomas Anderson
- Kelly & Michael: Salma Hayek; actor Kyle MacLachlan
- The View: TV host Michael Strahan; singer Jewel; journalist Lara Spencer
- The Talk: Guest co-host Shemar Moore; Megan Mullally; actor Zachary Knighton
- Ellen DeGeneres: Kate Walsh; comic Mike Epps; author Anthony Robles
Michael Vick has confirmed reports that his family has a dog. Vick said he understood some people might have a problem with it, but added: "I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect."
Hollywood, Florida's Damian Gingerich found Shayla Marie Briggs' car idling outside a grocery store and decided to help himself to the wheels. Seeing what was happening, Shayla ran outside to find Damian smiling, revving the engine and doing donuts on the street before speeding away. Shayla and another shopper gave chase, but no one was smiling as they soon found Shayla's wrecked car. Police soon found Damian with Shayla's keychain in his hand and he's now crashing at the county jail.
1797: The U.S. Navy frigate Constitution, also known as Old Ironsides, was launched in Boston Harbor.
celebrity Kim Kardashian 32