Bits and Pieces - October 18, 2012
October 18, 2012
Supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio was chosen to model Victoria's Secret's $2.5 million bra set at this year's fashion show. The bra set contains 5,000 precious gems...actually 5,002 if you count Alessandra's precious gems.
ROBERT PATTINSON and KRISTEN STEWART were spotted together again, this time leaving a restaurant with a group of friends on Monday afternoon. There was no PDA, but they were standing just a few feet from each other. Meanwhile, Kristen reportedly bought a new $2 million home just a few minutes from Robert's place. While that would shoot down rumors that they're living together again, this does put them in close proximity. Despite all this, when they head out on their promotional tour for the final Twilight movie, they'll be booked into separate hotel rooms in case they have problems again.
AMERICAN IDOL'S JESSICA SANCHEZ and BETTE MIDLER will have guest starring roles on GLEE this season. While Midler's appearance will likely be a one-time deal, Sanchez is expected to have a recurring role.
- GREEN DAY'S BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG says that stress leading up to his 40th birthday in February may have played a part in the meltdown that sent him to rehab last month. However, bandmate Mike Dirnt thinks Armstrong may have been burnt out after recording three albums back to back.
- BEYONCE will perform at the Super Bowl halftime show next February in New Orleans. Beyonce performed the national anthem at the 2004 game, which was marked by the infamous 'wardrobe malfunction.'
- KELLIE PICKLER has teamed up with Tru Protection to do a limited edition iPhone case. The cases cost $29.95, $20 of which will go to the American Cancer Society and their "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Campaign."
- Jay Leno: Liam Neeson; comic Lisa Lampanelli; The Gaslight Anthem performs
- David Letterman: Stephen Colbert; medium Theresa Caputo; Martha Wash performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Joel McHale; Joe Walsh performs
- Conan: Alex Wagner; Ellie Goulding performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Emma Watson; author Tony Danza; chef Michael Simon
- Craig Ferguson: Football analyst Kay Adams; reality-TV star Carson Kressley
- Carson Daly: Actor Nat Faxon; music group Karmin; The Heavy performs
The Pittsburgh Steelers have suspended rookie nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu for two games without pay following his arrest over the weekend. Ta'amu faces three felony counts of fleeing police, aggravated assault and aggravated assault by vehicle and various other charges.
Palm Bay, Florida's Christine Lee Brown recently did a stretch in the local jail and after her release, the 51-year-old Christine called Sheriff Jeff Parker. Christine didn't call the sheriff to complain about her treatment, but to thank him for the delicious bologna sandwiches she was served in jail. In fact, Christine repeatedly called the sheriff to express her gratitude. The good news for Christine is that she'll get to enjoy those sandwiches once again because she called the sheriff on the emergency line and was charged with six felony counts of misuse of 911.
2000: Patrick Roy, of the Colorado Avalanche, became the NHL's all time winningest goalie with his 448th victory
musician Wyclef Jean 40