Bits and Pieces - October 22, 2012
October 22, 2012
Dancing with the Stars pros Anna Trebunskaya and Jonathan Roberts are splitting up after nine years of marriage. It came as a surprise because they weren't even in the bottom two last week.
Stop me if you've heard this one before, but CHRIS BROWN and RIHANNA got into a huge fight the other night. Luckily, this time it was only verbal and it apparently started when Rihanna called Chris and asked him to meet her at the studio, but he refused because he was going out with his friends. Over the next couple of days Rihanna supposedly called him at least a dozen times to cuss him out. So far, Chris has kept his cool. Apparently, during their first go-around, Chris would jump whenever she called and Rihanna isn't used to him saying 'no.'
Star Trek's GEORGE TAKEI will guest star in an upcoming episode of HAWAII FIVE-0 as the uncle of Chin and Kono. Look for it in December.
- KINGS OF LEON have confirmed that they're working on their sixth studio album and that it'll be released "sooner rather than later". Jared Followill says they're in the writing process and it's coming along pretty quickly and they plan to be in the studio early next year.
- LADY GAGA is reportedly in talks to join the cast of "Zoolander 2." Rumor has it that she's been offered a $4.8 million to play the love interest of boneheaded male model Derek Zoolander.
- How long would it take you to make a gazillion dollars? For TAYLOR SWIFT it only took about 25 minutes. That's how long Taylor says it took her to write We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.
- Today: Helen Hunt; journalist Mike Leonard; actor John Hawkes; Frankie Valli
- Good Morning America: TBA
- CBS This Morning: Actor Ed Burns; author Kenneth C. Davis
- Kelly & Michael: Michelle Obama; Brandy performs
- The View: TV host Michael Strahan; singer Jewel; journalist Lara Spencer
- The Talk: Guest co-host Cee Lo Green; director Tyler Perry; chef Emeril Lagasse; "Dancing With the Stars" castoffs perform
- Ellen DeGeneres: Britney Spears and Simon Cowell; Psy; Sophia Grace and Rosie
Men's Health magazine has named Michael Phelps the fittest man ever, beating out the likes of Bruce Lee, Charles Atlas and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Phelps was selected for the "body he built" and what he did with it.
Don't you hate it when you come upon a car accident and people slow traffic down by pausing to take a look? Gainesville, Florida's 67-year-old James Wright isn't one of those gawkers. In fact, when Wright came upon the scene of a serious accident, he accelerated to 50 mph while an officer waved her arms and yelled at him to stop and then gave her the finger as he drove by. In all, Wright sped and swerved by five officers, showing them all they were number-one. When another officer caught up with Wright and ordered him to open his door, he locked it, crossed his arms and looked at the officer for 20 seconds before finally opening up. It may have been the same stance Wright took while posing for mug shots.
1997: The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained a record 337 points a day after losing a record 554 points
actor Joaquin Phoenix (Ladder 49, Walk The Line, The Village) 38