Bits and Pieces - October 24, 2012
October 24, 2012
A federal judge has denied Hulk Hogan's petition to have his sex video removed from the Internet. They say this is bad news for Hulk and for anyone who accidentally clicks on it.
LINDSAY LOHAN'S father, MICHAEL LOHAN, plans to go to court to try and put her under a conservatorship. Michael thinks Lindsay is back on drugs and booze and that seems to be backed up by Lindsay's legal team and agents and several of Lindsay's friends who say that her partying is out of control. Michael says he wouldn't personally become Lindsay's conservator because he doesn't want everyone thinking it's a money grab. Instead, he wants a judge to decide who to appoint, as long as it's not Dina Lohan. In any case, Lindsay continues to say she's fine and she doesn't seem to think any judge will go along with her dad.
It shouldn't come as a big surprise, but Fox has ordered a third season of THE X FACTOR. SIMON COWELL said, "I couldn't be happier about The X Factor already being renewed for another season."
- MAROON 5 has announced plans to hit the road next year on a North American tour. NEON TREES and OWL CITY are also on board for the tour that kicks off on February 13th in Columbus, Ohio.
- ELLIE GOULDING will hit the road on her Halcyon Days Tour starting next January 16th in Miami.
- Not so fast on TAYLOR SWIFT starring in that upcoming JONI MITCHELL biopic. Taylor says the project is tentative and not yet confirmed.
- Jay Leno: Denzel Washington; journalist Richard Engel; M. Ward performs
- David Letterman: Taylor Swift
- Jimmy Kimmel: Comic Russell Peters; Prince performs
- Conan: Will Arnett; Harry Shearer
- Jimmy Fallon: Tom Hanks; actress Victoria Justice; Aimee Mann performs
- Craig Ferguson: Dr. Phil McGraw; actress Hana Mae Lee
- Carson Daly: Comic W. Kamau Bell; singer Lianne La Havas; The Hives perform
Florida State will be without senior Chris Thompson for the rest of the season with a torn ACL in his left knee.
A Clarksville, Tennessee homeowner returned to his residence to find his house and been broken into and one Kylan Brock standing in his backyard, drinking one of his beers. The homeowner confronted Brock, who said he'd been inside the home and took the beer from the refrigerator. The homeowner then called police and Brock fled on foot. Officers soon caught up with Brock and found property taken from the home in his possession. Not doing his future defense lawyer any favors, Brock also left his ID at the home.
2001: Apple introduced the iPod music player
TV host Cat Deeley (So You Think You Can Dance) 36