Bits and Pieces - October 30, 2012
October 30, 2012
Authorities have seized more than 1,000 pirate costumes made in China because they contained high levels of lead. That means this Halloween you'll have to dress up as a slutty princess.
There's some buzz that KOURTNEY KARDASHIAN and SCOTT DISICK could soon be making it official. Despite frequent cheating rumors, Scott was spotted shopping for an engagement ring last week in Fort Lauderdale. She's not the only Kardashian rumored to be engaged as KIM KARDASHIAN was spotted wearing an enormous diamond ring on her pinky finger, which sparked rumors she's engaged to KANYE WEST.
BASKETBALL WIVES: L.A. has made some roster moves. Producers have cut four of its six cast members after Gloria Govan refused to allow them to film her wedding to L.A. Laker Matt Barnes. Also out are Laura Govan, Malaysia Pargo and Brooke Bailey.
- If you didn't get tickets to any of THE ROLLING STONES upcoming concerts you can still see them. The Stones' December 15th show in Newark will air live as a pay-per-view special called One More Shot.
- LIL WAYNE is recovering after some sort of medical scare last week. On Thursday afternoon, Lil Wayne's private jet made an emergency landing in Texas after he became ill. He was hospitalized and treated for dehydration and a severe migraine and released soon after. On Friday, Wayne was back in the hospital following another mid-air emergency over Louisiana. The illnesses were widely reported to be seizures, although his people deny that.
- TAYLOR SWIFT has announced plans for a North American tour starting next spring. The tour kicks off on March 13th in Omaha. Ed Sheeran will be the opening act on all of the shows.
- Today: Actor Bully Burke
- Good Morning America: Jimmy Kimmel; actress Jennie Garth; journalist Willow Bay
- CBS This Morning: New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg; Nokia CEO Stephen Elop; musicians Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo; chef Anthony Bourdain
- Kelly & Michael: Don Cheadle; singer Reba McEntire
- The View: Author Rachel Held Evans
- The Talk: Regis Philbin; actress Jeanne Tripplehorn
- Ellen DeGeneres: Madonna
Following his weekend trade, James Harden plans to sign a long-term extension with the Houston Rockets before the regular season begins. In return for Harden, Oklahoma City acquired guards Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb, two first-round picks, and a second-round pick. The Thunder also sent center Cole Aldrich and forwards Daequan Cook and Lazar Hayward to Houston.
Leavenworth, Kansas' 26-year-old Jesus Daniel Santos recently tipped police off to a drug deal. No, Jesus was not a concerned citizen or even a police informant. It seems that Jesus was the drug dealer in question and he accidentally pocket-dialed 911. When dispatchers sent officers to the scene, they determined the accidental nature of the call and were about to leave when they spotted the drugs. Jesus is due to be sentenced later this month.
1998: Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman accepted a substantial settlement from London's Express Newspapers for an article claiming that they were gay and their marriage was a sham.
actor Richard Dreyfuss (The Goodbye Girl, Mr. Holland's Opus, Jaws) 65