Bits and Pieces - November 5, 2012
November 5, 2012
Cleanup efforts are underway after Hurricane Sandy. Today in New Jersey they'll be inspecting Snooki for mold.
ROBERT PATTINSON and KRISTEN STEWART are officially reuniting...for an MTV interview! Actually, they won't be alone as Twilight co-star Taylor Lautner will join them for an interview to discuss The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2. No word on exactly when the interview will happen, but the movie is coming out in a couple weeks, so it should be soon. Meanwhile, Robert and Kristen were photographed holding hands on their way to a Halloween party at a cemetery in Hollywood Wednesday night and the buzz is that while they're not living together, they are having sleepovers at each other's houses.
- SOUNDGARDEN will do one of those live webcasts on David Letterman's show. Their performance will stream live online on Monday, November 12th. They'll also perform on the show that night as well. Soundgarden's new album, King Animal, will be out November 13th.
- LIL WAYNE was courtside for the Miami Heat season opener even though it meant traveling from Louisiana to Miami by bus. Following his recent health issues, Wayne was banned from flying by his doctor, so he hopped on board his luxury bus to make the trip.
- TAYLOR SWIFT will perform in New York City's Times Square as part of the annual New Year's Rockin' Eve telecast. This year's telecast will be the first since original host Dick Clark passed away in April.
- Today: Actress Naomie Harris; Aerosmith performs
- Good Morning America: John Goodman; comic Sarah Silverman; TV host Nancy Grace
- CBS This Morning: Modell's Sporting Goods CEO Mitchell Modell
- Kelly & Michael: Actor Javier Bardem; comic Sarah Silverman
- The View: Billy Ray Cyrus guest co-hosts and performs; musicians Steven Tyler and Joe Perry; actor Terry O'Quinn; author J.R. Martinez
- The Talk: Amanda Peet; actor Dennis Haysbert; chef Wolfgang Puck
- Ellen DeGeneres: Denzel Washington; actress Jenna Fischer
Former major league pitcher Pascual Perez was killed during an apparent robbery at his home in the Dominican Republic. Pascual may be best remembered for a 1982 incident while playing for the Atlanta Braves when he missed a start after getting lost on the freeway while driving to the ballpark. Perez last played for the Yankees in 1991.
Another Halloween has come and gone and as you scrape eggs off of your house you can take solace in knowing it could be worse. In Evansville, Indiana, Jason Lindsey is known to TV viewers as the "Hooked on Science Guy." To celebrate the holiday, Mr. Science was trying to demonstrate how you can use a small explosion to carve a pumpkin. Jason pre-cut the eyes, nose and mouth of the Jack-O-Lantern and filled it with a chemical formula. Once the gas built up inside the pumpkin, he ignited it with a lighter and the eyes, nose and mouth were supposed to pop right out. However, Jason apparently used too much gas, because when he lit it with a lighter, the pumpkin exploded. No one, except the pumpkin, was hurt. (See here)
1851: The telescope was patented by Alvan Clark.
actor Leonardo DiCaprio (The Aviator, Titanic, Gangs of New York) 38