Bits and Pieces - November 7, 2012
November 7, 2012
Britney Spears is in talks to write her first novel. They say the book should appeal to those who thought Snooki's book was too cerebral.
Clash of the Titans star SAM WORTHINGTON allegedly got into a clash with a doorman at an Atlanta restaurant on Saturday. Sam showed up wearing a dirty hoodie and carrying a bunch of clothes and witnesses thought he was a homeless person. The doorman wouldn't let Sam in because he was drunk and that's when Worthington reportedly pushed him and swore at him, screaming: "I'm a DEA agent! You f**ked up now!" Sam was sort of telling the truth as he's playing a DEA agent in a movie he's currently filming in the city. Anyway, the doorman then pepper sprayed Worthington and handcuffed him until police arrived. Worthington was taken into custody on disorderly conduct charges, but the case was dropped yesterday when the doorman failed to appear in court as a witness.
They're going to need at least one new judge to replace SHARON OSBOURNE next season on AMERICA'S GOT TALENT and NBC's wish list reportedly includes LEANN RIMES, SHANNEN DOHERTY and CARLY SIMON.
- COLDPLAY drummer WILL CHAMPION will appear on the upcoming third season of Game of Thrones. It won't be much of an acting stretch as Champion will appear as a drummer.
- The first of three episodes of that NICKI MINAJ reality series premiered on the E channel on Sunday night. The remaining episodes will air on the next two Sundays and she says she may do another reality series about the launch of her fashion line.
- BLAKE SHELTON and MIRANDA LAMBERT are on the cover of People magazine's newest issue. Inside, they talk about careers, fame, and how they keep their marriage together while spending time so much time apart.
- Today: Student council elections; celebrating America
- Good Morning America: TBA
- CBS This Morning: Election coverage
- Kelly & Michael: Olympian Gabrielle Douglas; actor Andre Braugher; Andy Grammer performs
- The View: Journalist Diane Sawyer; the cast of "Jersey Shore"
- The Talk: Actors Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar; stylist Lloyd Boston
- Ellen DeGeneres: Heidi Klum; Nikki Reed; Mackenzie Foy
Former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue has denied a motion from the NFL Players' Association to step aside as the arbitrator for the appeals of the players suspended for their involvement in the New Orleans Saints bounty program.
Nathan Burris is defending himself in a California court as he stands trial on charges he killed his ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend in a shooting at the San Rafael Bridge toll plaza. During proceedings yesterday, Burris told the court, "I did it, so what?" He also referred to the jury when he said, "This isn't Sesame Street. They get it, bro." Burris then asked the jury to find him guilty quickly so he could be back in jail in time for "Monday Night Football."
2002: A Beverly Hills jury convicted Winona Ryder of shoplifting
supermodel Rebecca Romijn 40