Bits and Pieces - November 8, 2012
November 8, 2012
With fuel shortages on the East Coast following Hurricane Sandy, some people are offering gas in exchange for sex. I wish I lived there because my wife won't have sex with me when I have gas.
LINDSAY LOHAN will reportedly be charged with lying to police over that car crash on the Pacific Coast Highway back in June in which she hit a truck. Police interviewed Lindsay at the hospital and she told them she wasn't driving, but it was later found that she was behind the wheel. At the time she said the brakes on her rented Porsche failed, but later tests showed they were operational. The lying charge is only a misdemeanor, but what complicates things for Lindsay is that she's still on probation for that necklace heist. Radar Online says the Los Angeles City Attorney's office will ask for a formal probation violation hearing and will ask the judge to sentence Lindsay to significant time in jail, possibly up to one year.
Rumor has it that CHERYL BURKE could be swapping ABC reality shows! The buzz is Cheryl could go from Dancing with the Stars to become the next Bachelorette. However, other sources are saying that while she has met with ABC about doing another reality show and The Bachelorette has been mentioned, it probably won't happen because they want an unknown to hand out roses.
- QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE say drummer Joey Castillo is no longer with the band and that DAVE GROHL will return to sit in on drums for their next album. Queens of the Stone Age will perform at Britain's Download Festival next June and the album could be out by then.
- THE WU TANG CLAN posted a message on their Facebook page that they have a new album coming out soon. Not much else in the way of details.
- SAMMY KERSHAW says he's thankful to be alive after his tour bus was struck by another vehicle last Friday in Nocona, Texas. The driver of the car was hospitalized with injuries, while Kershaw and his band and crew were shaken, but not seriously hurt.
- Jay Leno: Daniel Craig; animal handler Dave Salmoni; Diamond Rings performs
- David Letterman: Journalist Brian Williams; Ne-Yo performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Actress Hayden Panettiere
- Conan: Russell Brand; Dave Attell; Cat Power
- Jimmy Fallon: Kristen Stewart; musician Pharrell; The Amazing Kreskin; Now, Now performs
- Craig Ferguson: Carrie Fisher; actor RZA
- Carson Daly: Actress Eliza Coupe; Shiny Toy Guns perform
The Pittsburgh Steelers say receiver Antonio Brown is doubtful for next Monday night when they host Kansas City. Brown sprained his right ankle in last Sunday's win over the Giants.
West Virginia's Joshua Robinson is going to have to find a new line of work for at least the next five years. Robinson was a lawyer until last week when the West Virginia Supreme Court annulled his law license and ordered him to take anger-management classes before he can apply for reinstatement. The decision came after Robinson beat a client with a baseball bat during a dispute over a settlement check, threw a propane tank into the rear window of his wife's car while a child was inside, was convicted of public intoxication and for violating a restraining order that his wife had taken out against him.
1893: Colorado became the first state to grant women the right to vote.
filmmaker Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me, 30 Days) 42