Bits and Pieces - November 14, 2012
November 14, 2012
The woman that had an affair with former CIA director David Petraeus now says she had access to state secrets through him. Apparently information was all that she was pumping him for.
Now that JUSTIN BIEBER and SELENA GOMEZ have at least temporarily split, word is that the biggest debate at Team Selena is whether or not she should un-follow Justin on Twitter. They both used Twitter to send vague messages to each other, but one of the last straws was when a mutual friend posted a photo of Justin surrounded by Victoria's Secret models. However, all may not be lost. They both happened to be in New York on Sunday and a source tells Life and Style that Justin visited Selena at her hotel for a few hours before leaving around 11 p.m.
Kelly Clarkson, Carly Rae Jepsen, PSY, The Wanted and Swizz Beatz featuring Chris Brown and Ludacris have been added to the list of performers at the 40th annual AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS coming up this Sunday. Once again, winners will be decided by online fan voting.
- SHINEDOWN and THREE DAYS GRACE will hit the road on a co-headlining arena tour starting February 1st in Moline, Illinois. P.O.D. is also on board.
- RIHANNA is featured nearly naked on the cover of GQ's "Men of the Year" issue. Of course, the fun parts are cleverly concealed with her hands and a black leather jacket draped over her shoulders. (See here)
- In case you're keeping score at home; JO DEE MESSINA completed the Rock N' Roll San Antonio Half Marathon on Sunday in 2:36:50. Afterwards, she took to the stage to perform for 25,000 runners at the post-concert after party.
- Jay Leno: Keira Knightley; actress Whitney Cummings; Gin Wigmore performs
- David Letterman: Julianna Margulies; Mumford & Sons perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Christina Applegate; "Dancing With the Stars" castoffs; Youngblood Hawke performs
- Conan: Joel McHale; James "Bobo" Fay of "Finding Bigfoot"; Just Saying contest winner
- Jimmy Fallon: Sally Field; actor Finesse Mitchell; entrepreneur Elon Musk; Lee Brice performs
- Craig Ferguson: Author J.R. Martinez; Toby Keith performs
- Carson Daly: Actors Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele; Ceremony performs
Four-time NASCAR champion Jeff Gordon was docked 25 points, fined $100,000 and placed on probation through the end of the year for intentionally wrecking Clint Bowyer in Sunday's race in Phoenix. Brad Keselowski was also fined $25,000 and placed on probation until December 31st for Tweeting updates from his car during a 15-minute red flag that followed the crash.
If you want to get arrested, show the world what a jerk you are and alienate all of your friends at the same time, here's one way to do it. An unnamed 17-year-old Colorado University-Boulder student walked into the Century Boulder Theater wearing a clown hat and a "Joker" mask. The prank scared moviegoers so badly that some of them ran out of the theater. The suspect told arresting officers that he was aware of the theater shooting in Aurora this summer.
1805: Viennese butcher Johann George Lehner invented the frankfurter.
actor Gerard Butler (300, Phantom of the Opera, Chasing Mavericks) 43