Bits and Pieces - November 15, 2012
November 15, 2012
Anti-virus software pioneer John McAfee is still on the run from police in Belize. Authorities thought they had a lead on him, but the link turned out to be infected.
JUSTIN BIEBER and SELENA GOMEZ are still single after their Sunday night face-to-face at a New York hotel. While it was Selena that did the dumping, word is that Justin is the one who's undecided about giving it another go. While Justin still loves Selena, he did have lots of fun collecting supermodel phone numbers while taping the Victoria's Secret fashion show. Sources say Selena is sad about the split, but it isn't the only time they've broken up and it turns out the first breakup was caused by Miley Cyrus! You may remember when Justin did an episode of Punk'd with Miley. An insider says Selena is repulsed by Miley and after she made her feelings known and Justin did the show with Cyrus anyway, Gomez was steamed!
CHERYL BURKE says she's been so busy on Dancing with the Stars that she hasn't had time for dating and confirmed rumors that she talked to ABC about becoming the next Bachelorette. While Cheryl told Access Hollywood, "We'll see what happens in the future," an unnamed source tells the E Channel, "it's never gonna happen."
- MATCHBOX TWENTY have announced dates for the first leg of their North American tour. The tour kicks off in Tulsa on January 29th. Pre-sale tickets for fan club members are on sale through tomorrow.
- OMARION will release a free online EP called "Care Package" via iTunes on November 29th.
- CARRIE UNDERWOOD is donating all the proceeds from her recent show in New Jersey to the victims of Hurricane Sandy. Carrie told the audience at Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall that she wouldn't feel right making any money off the show. Carrie had already been donating $1 of every ticket sold on her "Blown Away" tour to the Red Cross.
- Today: Chris Tucker; actor Jeremy Renner; One Direction performs; People magazine's sexiest man; actress Mackenzie Foy
- Good Morning America: James Spader; chef Emeril Lagasse; "Dancing With the Stars" castoffs; Bridgit Mendler performs
- CBS This Morning: Writer Mark Binelli
- Kelly & Michael: Hayden Panettiere; actor Kellan Lutz
- The View: Actor James Spader
- The Talk: Backstreet Boys perform
- Ellen DeGeneres: Rihanna; Blue Man Group performs
The Minnesota Timberwolves say Chase Budinger will be out three to four months after undergoing surgery to repair a torn lateral meniscus in his left knee. Minnesota is already without Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio, JJ Barea and Brandon Roy because of injuries.
In times of need, true Americans pull together. Take Lakeland, Florida's John Applewhite, who went to New York to help restore power after Hurricane Sandy. John had just finished working a 13-hour shift and went to dinner with the rest of his crew when he stepped out of his utility truck and was approached by a man driving a BMW. The man thanked John for his efforts by opening up a can on him, giving him a black eye, a broken jaw and several small fractures before speeding off. John later said, "He was in a nice car, so I kind of let my guard down."
1998: Carmen Electra and Dennis Rodman were married in Las Vegas
musician Travis Barker (Blink-182) 37