Bits and Pieces - November 19, 2012
November 19, 2012
A new study of photos of Albert Einstein's brain has found that it had an extraordinary prefrontal cortex, which may have contributed to his remarkable intelligence. Still, they say he was no Einstein.
BRITNEY SPEARS was seen checking into a Los Angeles hotel with just her two kids a few days back and now Us Weekly is saying she and fiancé Jason Trawick are headed toward a rough patch. A source tells the magazine that Trawick has taken to mocking Britney for her attention-needy ways, adding that they'd be shocked if the two got married. The source went on to say, "The romance is gone. Trawick puts her on speakerphone so friends can hear her nagging." Of course, Britney's rep denies.
The annual lighting of the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center will take place November 28th on NBC. Among the celebrities appearing on the special will be TRACE ADKINS, MARIAH CAREY, CEE LO GREEN, and ROD STEWART.
- PAUL MCCARTNEY, BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND and KANYE WEST will headline a Super-storm Sandy benefit concert next month at Madison Square Garden. The Who, Roger Waters and Alicia Keys will also perform at the show on Wednesday, December 12th.
- SOLANGE KNOWLES Tweeted this week that a TSA agent at the Dallas airport patted down her afro!
- MIRANDA LAMBERT and BLAKE SHELTON are denying rumors that they're expecting a baby - and they're having fun doing it! Miranda Tweeted: "Don't believe everything you read! I'm having a big 'randarita' right now in honor of the baby we are not yet having! #Sorryfolksparksclosed."
- Today: Author Lauren Scruggs; Michael Jackson auction; actor Kellan Lutz; figure skater Todd Eldredge
- Good Morning America: Cookbook author Buddy Valastro
- CBS This Morning: Anthony Bourdain; NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- Kelly & Michael: Zooey Deschanel; Jason Cameron and Tony Siragusa (Man Caves)
- The View: Guest co-host Jay Mohr; actress Sally Field; director Oliver Stone; Susan Boyle performs
- The Talk: Director Rob Reiner; Cinnabon president Kat Cole
- Ellen DeGeneres: Vanessa Williams; Jason Aldean performs
The Toronto Raptors say guard Kyle Lowry will be out another one to two weeks after being diagnosed with a bruised bone in his right foot. The Raptors also said Landry Fields had surgery on his right elbow and will be reassessed in two weeks and Alan Anderson will miss three to six weeks with an injured left foot.
After Daytona Beach, Florida police pulled over a car on a routine traffic stop they discovered iPad and MacBook replicas made from pieces of glass and black tape with an Apple logo affixed to them. Police also discovered 39-year-old Torrance Canady, whom witness Felicia Bunker identified as the man who sold her a fake iPad for $400 in a supermarket parking lot and had described as having eight gold teeth. Canady was arrested and in other news, some people are dumb enough to buy an iPad in a supermarket parking lot from a stranger with eight gold teeth.
1865: Samuel L. Clemens published his story "The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County" under the pen name Mark Twain
actress ChloÃ« Sevigny (Big Love, Zodiac, Dogville) 38