Bits and Pieces - November 29, 2012
November 29, 2012
GQ magazine has named Mitt Romney its least influential person of 2012. The good news for Mitt is that he still has an acceptance speech he hasn't used.
Two and a Half Men's ANGUS T. JONES has apologized for calling his own show 'filth,' saying he didn't want to be on it anymore and begging people to stop watching. Jones issued a statement saying he was misunderstood and that he has the highest regard for everyone he works with. He also said that he was blessed to be on the show and wasn't quitting. Word has it that his mother was worried he was being brainwashed by the church and that he would give them all his money. Supernatural star Jared Padalecki called Angus out for saying the show was the work of the devil as he pulled down over $300,000 per episode and Tweeted that if Jones was sincere he should put his money where his mouth is and donate his so-called 'filthy' millions to charity. However, Jones won't be making any money for awhile as he's is on a bit of a break from the show because his character doesn't appear in the next few episodes.
MARTIN SHORT will host SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE'S Christmas show on December 15th with musical guest SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY. Jamie Foxx and Ne-Yo will be on the next new Saturday Night Live on December 8th.
- JANE'S ADDICTION is working on their next album and Perry Farrell says it could be the band's "greatest achievement" ever. Perry added, "The next album is going to be something that the world has never experienced. I'm building it simultaneously with the live show in mind and it's just going to be out of sight!" He says you can expect it sometime next year.
- Not that this is really news anymore, but RIHANNA Tweeted another topless photo of herself the other day, albeit with her back to the camera. (See here)
- DOLLY PARTON has a new book out called Dream More: Celebrate the Dreamer in You. It's an inspirational book based on a 2009 commencement speech she gave at the University of Tennessee where she told the graduates to follow their dreams.
- Jay Leno: Wanda Sykes; singer Blake Shelton
- David Letterman: Steven Tyler and Joe Perry; actress Judy Greer; Vice President Joe Biden presents the Top Ten List; Aerosmith performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Actor Eric Bana; actor Damian Lewis; Wiz Khalifa performs
- Conan: Jessica Biel; Marc Maron; Alice Cooper
- Jimmy Fallon: Helen Mirren; TV host Carson Daly; Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime; Miguel performs
- Craig Ferguson: Comic Lewis Black; actress Karen Gillan; L.P. performs
- Carson Daly: Medal of Honor recipient Sgt. Dakota Meyer; artist Lauren Greenfield; The Walkmen perform
The San Francisco 49ers say running back Kendall Hunter is out for the season with a left ankle injury suffered in Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints.
Two men attempted to pull off the crime of the century by stealing a truck containing $200,000 worth of booze in Nova Scotia. Unfortunately, after stealing the 50-foot tractor-trailer, our unnamed friends failed to consider that a semi hauling that much valuable cargo might be equipped with GPS, which could be used by police to track it down. It did and it was and now our friends are behind bars of the jail and not nightclub variety.
2008: New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg at a New York City nightclub
TV host Jon Stewart (The Daily Show) 50