Bits and Pieces - December 4, 2012
December 4, 2012
Lindsay Lohan is reportedly drinking two liters of vodka per day. On the bright side, Lindsay has apparently converted to the metric system.
HONEY BOO BOO'S cousin, 'Crazy' Tony Lindsey and some of his pals were arrested after one of them dressed up in a gorilla suit and made like they were going to jump in front of cars on a highway. One of those cars happened to be driven by a deputy. The guys ran into the woods, but when the deputy said he was going to send his K-9 partner after them, they surrendered. They were arrested for reckless conduct and not surprisingly cops say booze was involved.
NBC has announced that the hour-long series finale of 30 ROCK will air on Thursday, January 31st.
- METALLICA have launched their own record label called Blackened Recordings. Metallica has acquired the rights to all of their masters and wrote on their website, "We're looking forward to making more music and getting it all out to you in our own unique way." First up on December 10th will be the live DVD Quebec Magnetic, featuring two 'World Magnetic Tour' shows in Quebec City in 2009.
- THE GAME got a birthday present from Los Angeles police. After they pulled his Bentley over and ticketed him for having tinted windows and paper license plates, they discovered the vehicle wasn't registered. They were going to tow it, but when they noticed it was his birthday, they cut him some slack and let him drive away.
- CARRIE UNDERWOOD will star in NBC's production of The Sound of Music. The show will air live as a three-hour event during the 2013 holiday season.
- Jay Leno: Gerard Butler; actress Olivia Munn; The Polyphonic Spree performs
- David Letterman: John Krasinski; musicians Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones; Paloma Faith performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Howard Stern; actor Tracy Morgan; Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings perform
- Conan: Chris Tucker; Sasha Alexander; Punch Brothers
- Jimmy Fallon: Keira Knightley; Dave Matthews Band performs
- Craig Ferguson: Seth MacFarlane; model Miranda Kerr; Richie Sambora
- Carson Daly: Actress Danai Gurira; environmentalist Philippe Cousteau Jr.; Titus Andronicus performs
Notre Dame ends the regular season atop the Associated Press college football poll for the first time since 1988. The rest of the top five are Alabama, Ohio State, which is banned from the postseason because of NCAA sanctions, Florida and Oregon. Georgia fell to sixth.
Making life easier for police in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania was 31-year-old Ty Eugene Delp Jr. Ty walked into the lobby of the police station, identified himself and then informed the dispatcher that he had no driver's license, was driving a stolen vehicle and was drunk. Police determined Ty's story checked out and they arrested him on DUI and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle charges.
1993: Princess Diana announced she would be limiting her public appearances because she was tired of media intrusions into her life.
actress Amanda Seyfried (Big Love, Mama Mia, Alpha Dog) 27