Bits and Pieces - December 5, 2012
December 5, 2012
Mitt Romney has announced that he's returning to his job on the board of directors at Marriott International. Thank goodness Mitt was able to find a job because he was down to last $300-million.
According to Radar Online, KRISTEN STEWART is getting increasingly frustrated by ROBERT PATTINSON'S reluctance to fully forgive her and re-commit to their relationship. They say Robert has been playing hard to get with Kristen and she's starting to get fed up because she feels that she's been putting in all the effort to make it work and that he's punished her enough for cheating. Not only that, they say Kristen has been groveling to his family and kissing up big time, especially to his sisters who'd urged him to move on. The problem is that Rob still can't decide whether to forgive her or break it off for good.
NBC says that HOWARD STERN will be back for a second season as a judge on AMERICA'S GOT TALENT. The announcement comes just weeks after Stern told E News that he was unsure if he'd be back.
- THE ARCADE FIRE premiered four new tracks on Saturday night at a secret show in Montreal. They performed under the name Les Identiks and while at least one fan said the tunes had a "dance-y" vibe, no cell phones were allowed in the venue, so no audio or video has surfaced online. The band has said it plans to release a new album by the end of 2013.
- T.I.'s album "Trouble Man: Heavy is the Head" won't be out until December 18th, but he already has the sequel, called, "Trouble Man: He Who Wears the Crown," ready to go. Actually, T.I. has enough material for many more sequels as he says he recorded around 120 songs for the project.
- ALAN JACKSON will release a limited number of copies of his book, Seasons of Sweetbriar - A Photographic Collection of Home, with the full purchase price going to the Colon Cancer Alliance's Blue Note Fund. You can get the book at AlanJackson.com for $25 or $50 for an autographed copy.
- Today:Matt Damon; actor Martin Freeman; actress Carmen Electra
- Good Morning America: Jessica Biel; gymnast Gabby Douglas; Katherine Jenkins performs
- CBS This Morning: Comic Richard Lewis; Sur La Table CEO Jack Schwefel; supermodels Alessandra Ambrosio and Doutzen Kroes
- Kelly & Michael: Jane Fonda; Ed Sheeran performs
- The View: Comic Richard Lewis; chef Tyler Florence
- The Talk: Tori Spelling; The Price Is Right male-model Rob Wilson
- Ellen DeGeneres: Gerard Butler; actress Martha Plimpton; chef Giada De Laurentiis
Johnny Manziel, the redshirt freshman quarterback from Texas A&M, Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o and Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein have been invited to attend the Heisman presentation ceremony. Manziel is the favorite to win the award on Saturday night.
Alliance, Ohio police officer Seth Busche was called to the home of a 60-year-old woman who reported that her son had stolen her credit card and used it to buy a carton of cigarettes. Officer Busche then went to the convenience store where the purchase was made. As he interviewed the clerk, the woman's son, John Michael Funk, walked into the store and attempted to use the card again as Busche was taking the report. Obviously no criminal genius, this was Funk's 10th arrest this year alone and he now faces up to 18 months in prison.
2000: O.J. Simpson was involved in an altercation with another motorist in Miami and accused of scratching the man's face while pulling off his glasses.
actor Max Baer Jr. (The Beverly Hillbillies) 75