Bits and Pieces - January 3, 2013
January 3, 2013
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have announced they're expecting a baby. They say this is the first time Kim has had cravings for something other than attention.
Olympic swimmer MICHAEL PHELPS is apparently back in the dating pool after splitting with his model girlfriend Megan Rossee. Phelps reportedly ditched her because he felt the relationship wasn't going anywhere. The couple had been together since March.
There may be some good news for fans of the soap ALL MY CHILDREN. Vincent Irizarry posted a message on his Facebook page saying he signed a deal to return as Dr. David Hayward if the show is revived online. A company called Prospect Park acquired the rights to All My Children and One Life to Live, but they haven't yet made any official announcement about the shows' returns.
- Terminals at England's Birmingham International Airport will soon be re-named after local "heroes" and among the names being considered is OZZY OZBOURNE. One city councilman even said he's open to naming the entire airport after Ozzy.
- Soul legend BOBBY WOMACK says he's suffering from Alzheimer's disease and can't remember some of his songs. Womack released his latest album, The Bravest Man in the Universe, in 2012. The album was co-produced by Blur's Damon Albarn, but during an awards ceremony Womack forgot his last name and called him 'Damon Osbourne' in his acceptance speech.
- Jay Leno: Kevin Hart; actress Betty White; Dwight Yoakam performs
- David Letterman: Kathy Griffin; Big Boi performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Kirstie Alley; animal handler Dave Salmoni; Tyler Bryant & the Shakedown perform
- Conan: Jenny McCarthy; J.J. Abrams; Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators; Slash
- Jimmy Fallon: Fred Armisen; rapper Common; reality TV stars Shae Bradley and Shain Gandee; Lupe Fiasco performs
- Craig Ferguson: Michael Clarke Duncan; The Imagineers perform
- Carson Daly: Elvis Mitchell, Joe Letteri, Wolf Gang
Boise State has announced that they'll stay with the Mountain West Conference and will not join the Big East in 2013. It's the latest setback for the Big East Conference, which has had 14 schools announce they're leaving the league in the past two years.
Don't you hate it when you go into a store and can't get waited on? That was the case for one unnamed East Bremerton, Washington woman who carried a gun into the Sheridan Mini Mart and tried to get the attention of the clerk, who was on the phone at the time. The clerk noticed her gun, but thought it was a joke and kept talking on the phone as the woman gave up and left empty handed.
2008: Oil prices reached $100 a barrel for the first time.
actress Kate Bosworth (Blue Crush, The Horse Whisperer, Superman Returns) 30