Bits and Pieces - January 4, 2013
January 4, 2013
President Obama has resumed his vacation in Hawaii. Unfortunately, Congress is refusing to approve funding for his luau.
KIM KARDASHIAN may already be making money off her pregnancy! Since the story broke, her sex tape Kim K Superstar has reportedly seen sales rise. Vivid Entertainment says that video-on-demand sales have increased 80 percent since the announcement. Meanwhile, a Twitter hashtag called KimyeBabyNames popped up with baby name suggestions such as Kleenex, Kamikaze, Kindle and Kinko.
It's reported that ANN CURRY has formally asked NBC to release her from her contract several months after she was ousted from the Today Show. It's reported that Curry has been offered a high-profile anchor position at CNN.
- YES not only has a North American tour on tap, they're also planning to record some new music with their latest frontman Jon Davison. Bassist Chris Squire says they plan to hit the studio this fall to record a new album.
- LIL WAYNE is sporting some new and what many might feel is unfortunate ink. Wayne has gotten the word "Baked" tattooed across his forehead. It's said to be a tribute to Baker Skateboards.
- CARRIE UNDERWOOD has sold her modest suburban Nashville home for $372,500. She bought the home for $384,000 shortly after her American Idol win and has since moved on to much more luxurious digs.
- Good Morning America: Talk, News
- CBS This Morning: Cinnabon President Kat Cole
- Today: Sandy Hook students; Al Roker talks about his book
- Kelly & Michael: Matt Damon; director Ben Affleck; actress Victoria Justice
- The View: Guest co-host Andy Cohen; actor Damian Lewis; actress Jennifer Morrison
- The Talk: Tom Selleck; TV personality Leeza Gibbons
- Ellen DeGeneres: Actress Alison Sweeney; Allen Stone performs
Even though they don't have a deal in place to actually play hockey, the NHL and the players association have reportedly talked about the possibility of expanding the postseason to 20 teams from the current 16.
Forget the Mayan calendar, the Scranton, Pennsylvania Times-Tribune newspaper is trying to unravel the mystery of the Pennsylvania Railroad calendar. It's the railroad's 1950 calendar and includes a holiday greeting from a railroad executive and the mystery is why a mail carrier finally delivered it 63 years late without explanation on Friday. For those who like eerie coincidences, the calendar was addressed to then Scranton Times general manager James Flanagan, who died the month it was sent back in December 1949.
2008: Britney Spears was hospitalized following a custody standoff at her California home.
football's Eli Manning 32