Bits and Pieces - January 8, 2013
January 8, 2013
Scientists say 2012 was the warmest year on record. In fact, they say 2012 was hotter than a Lindsay Lohan necklace.
Stop me if you've heard this before...but BRADLEY COOPER and ZOE SALDANA have broken up. Just to refresh, they dated for three months after filming "The Words" together, broke up in March, got back together in September and split again before the holidays. Apparently it was fairly sudden as Zoe had planned to spend the holidays with Cooper and his family in Europe. However, Zoe went with plan B, which was spending New Year's Eve with friends in Miami.
SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE will return with new episodes on January 19th with Jennifer Lawrence as host and The Lumineers as the musical guests. Adam Levine will host the following week with Kendrick Lamar as musical guest.
- JACK WHITE had the best-selling vinyl album of 2012. Blunderbuss sold 33,000 copies in its vinyl form. The Beatles' 1969 album Abbey Road had topped the year-end vinyl chart for the past three years.
- WILL.I.AM was forced to delay the release of his upcoming album due to the theft of a number of demo tracks. However he says he still hopes to do a solo world tour in 2013.
- During the holiday season of November 5th to December 30th, TAYLOR SWIFT'S Red was the best-selling album, moving 1.55 million copies. As far as singles go, BRENDA LEE'S Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree outsold Swift and everyone else.
- Good Morning America: Talk, News
- CBS This Morning: The latest news
- Today: Warren Buffett; actress Alison Sweeney; producer Dick Wolf; actress Tempestt Bledsoe
- Kelly & Michael: DJ Pauly D
- The View: Guest co-host Cee Lo Green; director Tyler Perry; chef Emeril Lagasse
- The Talk: Kim Coles guest co-hosts; singer Naomi Judd; chef David Myers
- Ellen DeGeneres: Timothy Olyphant; actress Sarah Hyland; magician Justin Flom
Ray Lewis is already close to a deal with ESPN to appear as an on-air reporter during their NFL programs. Lewis announced this week that he'll retire following the Baltimore Ravens playoff run.
Two California teenage girls are accused of drugging the milkshakes of one the girl's parents with prescription sleeping medication. The parents only finished a quarter of their drinks before saying they were gritty and tasted funny and nodding off. The parents woke up after a few hours with hangover symptoms and the girls later told police they slipped the parents the drugs because they were too strict and wouldn't let them use the Internet.
1854: Anthony Faas of Philadelphia patented the accordion
actor Liam Hemsworth (Hunger Games, Expendables 2, The Last Song) 23