Bits and Pieces - January 9, 2013
January 9, 2013
Supermodel Naomi Campbell was mugged by a group of men in Paris. Naomi says she hasn't witnessed such a violent, brutal attack since the last time she beat up one of her assistants.
There's a rumor going around that MILEY CYRUS and LIAM HEMSWORTH have secretly gotten married. Miley tweeted a photo of herself holding her new puppy Bean, but it was the two new diamond bands surrounding her engagement ring that got most of the attention. Liam was also seen wearing a band on his ring finger and what lends credibility to the rumor is that Miley has yet to deny it.
NBC has confirmed that they've extended JAY LENO'S "Tonight Show" contract beyond its 2014 end date. There had been rumors the network was considering moving Jimmy Fallon to The Tonight Show in 2014.
- ANTHRAX guitarist Rob Caggiano has announced that he's leaving the band to focus on producing. Anthrax will kick off its Metal Alliance Tour with Exodus and others on March 23rd and says they're considering several lead guitarist options and will be making an announcement shortly.
- R. KELLY has released a tribute song for the victims of the Connecticut school shooting. It's called I Know You Are Hurting and it features children's and gospel choirs. (Hear here)
- DARIUS RUCKER will release his new album, called True Believers, on January 22nd. It'll include his latest song, "Wagon Wheel."
- Jay Leno: Bill Maher; reality-TV stars Snooki and JWoww; Miguel performs
- David Letterman: Michael Strahan; actress Jessica Chastain; Conor Maynard sings
- Jimmy Kimmel: Goodbye to Midnight highlights show
- Conan: Courteney Cox; comic Chris D'Elia, Dan Sode
- Jimmy Fallon: Betty White; comic Jeff Ross; Sky Ferreira performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actor Billy Gardell; actress Krysten Ritter
- Carson Daly: Actor Chuck Zito; Estelle performs; director Rian Johnson
Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love has re-fractured a bone in his right hand. Love will visit a specialist, but surgery seems to be likely.
There's a reason they didn't name the town of Niceville, Florida "Smartville." The latest mental giant to make news in the metropolis is 22-year-old Zachariah Dalton Howard. Zachariah went into a local convenience store and told the clerk he had a gun. However, the clerk showed him the empty cash register and he left the store empty handed. Zachariah walked to a nearby Winn-Dixie where he called his mom and asked for a ride home. Police instead gave him a ride to jail where he was charged with "attempted robbery without a weapon."
2005: Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston announced they were separating after four years of marriage
actor Dustin Diamond (Saved By the Bell) 36