Bits and Pieces - January 14, 2013
January 14, 2013
Lindsay Lohan has been accused of stealing jewelry once belonging to Elizabeth Taylor during filming of that TV movie about her. They say this time Lindsay is facing a really harsh punishment. They could force her to watch the movie.
We're getting some dish on the TAYLOR SWIFT and HARRY STYLES breakup. A supposed insider says that their big argument started when he told her that his bandmates were getting "irritated" with her lack of effort in the relationship, which prompted Taylor to tell Harry, "You're lucky to even be with me!" The insider also said that the couple had "problems over commitment".
JIMMY KIMMEL got off to a good start in his new time slot. Kimmel averaged 3.1 million viewers Tuesday, coming in ahead of David Letterman's 2.9 million and behind Jay Leno's 3.3 million.
- ADELE has reportedly started writing songs for her next album. It's said that Adele has also been in the studio and there's a chance a new album could be released this year.
- RIHANNA is up for another award, although she probably doesn't want this one. Rihanna has been nominated for a Razzie Award for her performance in the movie Battleship. Among those Rihanna is vying with for the award is her Battleship co-star Brooklyn Decker.
- MIRANDA LAMBERT is already planning the video for "Mama's Broken Heart," which Rolling Stone calls, "...a fiendishly catchy tune atop a blazing cow-punk groove." You can catch Miranda on her installment of Backstory on GAC on January 19th and on tour starting January 17th in Columbia, South Carolina. Miranda is also on the cover of the new Redbook magazine, due on Tuesday.
- Jay Leno: American Idol's Ryan Seacrest, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson; writer Anthony Jeselnik; For King & Country performs
- David Letterman: Michael J. Fox; actress Lena Dunham
- Jimmy Kimmel: Dr. Oz; basketball players Chris Paul and Blake Griffin; Bruno Mars performs
- Conan: Ryan Gosling; Kevin Hart; ZZ Ward performs
- Jimmy Fallon: "30 Rock" cast members; John Cale performs
- Craig Ferguson: Tim Allen; comic Margaret Cho
- Carson Daly: Actress Sarah Wayne Callies; journalist Joshuah Bearman; Fidlar
The Minnesota Timberwolves say Kevin Love will miss the next eight to 10 weeks after surgery to repair his second broken right hand of the season.
Waterboarding was determined not to be a crime when used by the Bush administration on terrorist suspects. However, such is not the case for Helena, Montana's William Province. Police say William is suspected of making threats to a school, Child Protective Services officials and the foster parents caring for his children. Foster parents might not be caring for William's two boys had they not been removed from his home after he allegedly waterboarded them and broke the wrist and fingers of a woman trying to stop him.
2010: NBC announced it was moving The Jay Leno Show from prime time to 11:35 p.m. and pushing "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien" back to 12:05 a.m., resulting in Conan's departure
actor Evan Handler (Natural Born Killers, Ransom, Californication) 52